Electric scooters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm getting fed up of daft escooter riders who think that a thin painted cycle lane on the road is bi-directional so they can go against traffic flow. When you point out they're in the wrong, boy, they don't like it. Next time, I might just deliberately ride into one....

I'm curious how that would be viewed by the police/ courts. Illegal rider collides with cyclist ...

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm curious how that would be viewed by the police/ courts. Illegal rider collides with cyclist ...
“ Illegal rider “ triggered a word association with “ Easy Rider “
The idea of Fonda and Hopper on E scooters made me smile.

I'm getting fed up of daft escooter riders who think that a thin painted cycle lane on the road is bi-directional so they can go against traffic flow. When you point out they're in the wrong, boy, they don't like it. Next time, I might just deliberately ride into one....

I very strongly suggest that you do NOT do that

you might damage your bike

PK99

Legendary Member

A few months ago, with (recovering) dislocated shoulder, I turned "good shoulder on" to a pavement CYCLIST and let him bounce off.... He was obviously a skilled cyclist as he did not end up prone in the road, but when he hit me, I was stationary.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A few months ago, with (recovering) dislocated shoulder, I turned "good shoulder on" to a pavement CYCLIST and let him bounce off.... He was obviously a skilled cyclist as he did not end up prone in the road, but when he hit me, I was stationary.

i remember clotheslining a cyclist who tried to ride into me, uhm a good 30 odd years ago ;)

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

Technically, I would have thought that the painted cycle lane remains part of the highway so a law governing driving the wrong direction - which should exist? - would apply. Its like riding your bike against traffic flow. I watched Voi hire scooter riders the other day in Bristol riding the wrong way down a bus lane.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Tasers, that’s the answer, Tasers ! ( not really, but I do carry around a virtual Taser in my head and quite ofter use it to zap various antisocial ne’er do wells, people who insist on packing all their supermarket shopping into separate bags in a specific sequence before looking surprised that they have to pay for it and rummaging through their bag to find their purse… )

Tasers, that’s the answer, Tasers ! ( not really, but I do carry around a virtual Taser in my head and quite ofter use it to zap various antisocial ne’er do wells, people who insist on packing all their supermarket shopping into separate bags in a specific sequence before looking surprised that they have to pay for it and rummaging through their bag to find their purse… )
That’s after they’ve sifted through every pack of sliced meat in the fixture to find one that is “acceptable “, or felt all the loose produce instead of only touching what they want to buy… 😡

Top Bottom