Electric scooters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I saw 3 or 4 young lads almost volunteer for that this evening!

I was cycling down a country lane about 50 metres behind a car when the e-scooter riding boys shot out of a side road in front of the car, and turned towards me. The driver's emergency braking saved them. They were looking over their shoulders towards the car and laughing at their near miss when the first one then slewed back across the road directly in front of me. I braked so hard that my rear wheel actually lifted off the road. I stopped about 50 cm from him!

I'm not proud of it, but I shouted exactly what I thought of their roadcraft in strong language... I then cycled off with jeers of "Effing knob-'ed", "Wayne Kerr!" etc ringing in my ears. :cursing:

I wonder if the parents know how close their sons are coming to serious injury or death when they whizz off unsupervised on those scooters?

TBH any parent who buys them when even the sign in shops states the legality of the vehicles is a few bob short of a pound note anyway ,,, end rant

vickster

Legendary Member
TBH any parent who buys them when even the sign in shops states the legality of the vehicles is a few bob short of a pound note anyway ,,, end rant

Or they just don’t give a shoot about the law or their children‘s safety

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I see quite a few people on them that probably earn their own money

some people seem to be using them to commute rather than bikes/cars

I saw one the other week, chap dressed in office attire, doing the school run on it with child standing on the back. He had come down a main road in primary position, and then mounted the pavement to go up to the school. Madness

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Thoughts and Prayers, Andy.

Are you getting counselling? It sounds like a horrific incident :sad:

No I'm not

Adam4868

Guru
My son's got one as have a lot of his friends.See them all over the place...I've yet to see or read anyone getting pulled/done for riding one though.

Adam4868

Guru
Our local rag reports them being taken from people from time to time, I guess you thinks it's OK that he has one?
If thats for me....do I like him having it ? Not really,but I'd prefer it over a motorbike to be honest.I can think of worse things to have.All depends how there used I guess.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm getting fed up of daft escooter riders who think that a thin painted cycle lane on the road is bi-directional so they can go against traffic flow. When you point out they're in the wrong, boy, they don't like it. Next time, I might just deliberately ride into one....

Top Bottom