Electric scooters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw some tosser on an e-scooter last week go straight across a busy junction with the lights on red against him the other day. Bet if it had gone pear shaped some poor motorist would have got the blame and the trauma.

wasn’t a yoof either but a “mature” chap, perhaps late fifties
Daily Mail - if they can get the CCTV

PROOF THAT ALL CYCLISTS IGNORE RED LIGHTS!!!!!

or it seems like that anyway

Milkfloat

An Peanut
When e-scooterists kill just 1/10th of the number of people that cars do, then I will start to get animated about it. Over time technology and laws should control some of bad behaviour we see now and hopefully they become a real urban transport choice.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In the main, yobbish behaviour on the streets is caused by yobs. They'll use any vehicle they can get their hands on to be idiots - scooters, bikes, monkey bikes, scrambler bikes, souped-up Corsas - even horses in some areas. Yobs are yobs.

Escooters used as intended and responsibly are a great way to get around urban areas and could do a lot to ease the burden on public transport.

Daninplymouth

As above some people act like idiots whatever they use. So in that sense I’d sooner they act a pray on a scooter than either a motorbike or car.
I think they’re a really good idea moving forward if it stops people having to use their cars, also if people start to think about looking for scooters it should make them more observant and more likely to notice us cyclists too

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They were a big issue at our caravan park at Easter when everyone 'came back'. Not just kids, but lads on electric MX bikes (stealth bombers).

The site management basically said, three strikes and you are off the site permanently. There had been numerous complaints from people being nearly run over, never mind the chance a car might hit one on the way in. There is a time and a place for them

dodgy

The electric MX bikes are the big problem imo. 40 to 60mph, no pedalling required. And according to the users, neither is VED, insurance, plates, helmets or indeed any protective equipment whatsoever. Yet they seem empowered to razz up the High Street on them overtaking cars.

vickster

Legendary Member
The electric MX bikes are the big problem imo. 40 to 60mph, no pedalling required. And according to the users, neither is VED, insurance, plates, helmets or indeed any protective equipment whatsoever. Yet they seem empowered to razz up the High Street on them overtaking cars.
I’ve seen a couple of Deliveroo eejits on these in the past week :rolleyes: I think they were wearing helmets at least

Not too far from me.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57908240

life changing injuries to a three year old :sad:

I must admit to sometimes cycling on pavements/though parks but only slowly and considerately.
And the human powering of the bike puts you more in tune with the contraption and its surroundings, including people, I think.
WHen I am riding on paths ,whether shared or not, I always assume that dogs and kids will behave in a totally unpredictable way
The only way to pass them is very slowly
dogs often turn at the last minute to stand directly across the path for some reason
kids - especially younger ones - can stop and wait, then panic and run to some parent or other

this accident is probably just that - the poor kid may have run out and not been seen until too late
the person on the scooter may have had no chance of avoiding her - but someone older would probably have slowed down more - maybe

best wishes to everyone involved - really sad

Top Bottom