Endura padded shorts question (pro cycling related)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not sure from your posts whether 'the 68 miler in relative comfort' was down to the new saddle or the new shorts. Did you change both at the same time?
The saddle makes a bigger difference than the shorts IMO. The problem is finding out which one suits you without ridiculous expense. If you can cycle 68 miles comfortably on the Fizik, it may be just a question of getting used to that one better in the fullness of time. Better shorts will help too of course.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Shorts - Assos.Pearl Izumi, Le Col, good but not cheap. What price comfort???
By coincidence I just googled "best men's cycling shorts" and the Pearl Azumi came out top of that particular list. I am trying to find the cost. Assos are just too expensive for me @ £190+.
I paid £60+ for the Endura and am happy to pay more for the right ones.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm not sure from your posts whether 'the 68 miler in relative comfort' was down to the new saddle or the new shorts. Did you change both at the same time?
The saddle makes a bigger difference than the shorts IMO. The problem is finding out which one suits you without ridiculous expense. If you can cycle 68 miles comfortably on the Fizik, it may be just a question of getting used to that one better in the fullness of time. Better shorts will help too of course.
Changed both at the same time.
I have just the one pair of Endura shorts so while they are in the wash wear the Funkier ones...........they really are no where near as comfortable for me.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Maybe. Anyway, 700 is the standard for their current top of the range shorts.
Just had a nice reply from Endura.
Apparently both shorts have the same padding & same maximum thickness but in the top of the range ones (the team replica) they are profiled so are thinner in places.........supposedly for more comfort.

Top Bottom