Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Energy companies have been warned against increasing direct debit to people who have actually cut their usage

There do seem to be constant articles in the press showing people who have had their DD raised in spite of using less than the previous DD paid for, including allowances for winter usage and all that

Does provoke suspicion that some energy companies want to put some money in their bank rather than their customer's

Does seem the way of most companies, but you can do a flexible DD and only pay for what you use....and the unit rate is still the same. Therefore you never accrue credit to sit in their banks.

tom73

Guru
Energy companies have been warned against increasing direct debit to people who have actually cut their usage

There do seem to be constant articles in the press showing people who have had their DD raised in spite of using less than the previous DD paid for, including allowances for winter usage and all that

Does provoke suspicion that some energy companies want to put some money in their bank rather than their customer's

Yes Grant has sent them a letter I bet they are really running scared now. :laugh:

jowwy

Nope you didn’t say , four times (in reply to @Alex321) , or three times you said neither you just mentioned an arbitrary £4,300 as though it had any meaning.

here is my post - and i state "RATE" which is the same as @Alex321 stated on 4 separate occasions....i will await the apology, which i know wont come.

1669641406257.png

and here is what @Alex321 said and used the same words, whilst also quoting i was correct

And the"actual OFGEM rate" is the one which means a "typical" household would pay £4300. The Energy Price Guarantee is the government set value - and you are right that the government will pay the energy companies the difference between the EPG and the OFGEM rate.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is quite a bit of 'naughtiness' going on with suppliers. Heard a few customers have been switched to prepayment via smart meters, debt chasing has got aggressive, and one that's affecting lots of us, we can't reduce our DD's even though we've cut energy use and are massively in credit.

jowwy

He is just confused in his terminology.

The OFGEM capped unit rate would mean an annual rate/charge of £4,300 for a so-called "typical" household.

you said the same thing....so who's confused here????

jowwy

Something not very like that, in spite of what we keep getting told.

There is NO cap on overall bill. It isn't £3000 or £4300 or anything else.

And the"actual OFGEM rate" is the one which means a "typical" household would pay £4300. The Energy Price Guarantee is the government set value - and you are right that the government will pay the energy companies the difference between the EPG and the OFGEM rate.

This "typical" household is just based on the median value across the country of usage (dual fuel), and the average EPG unit price (the actual unit price will vary by region, hence using the average).

For actually predicting what most people are likely to pay, the median is slightly better than the mean, but the mode would have been even better.

this is your post.......where does it say UNIT Rate??????

Alex321

Veteran
Last edited:

jowwy

I didn't but, it was clear from context that I wasn't talking about a "rate" of £4,300, unlike your post which explicitly stated a "rate" of £4300.

oh come on Mr Politician......Please show me were i said " a rate of £4300"....My post explicitly states..." There is no actual £4300 ofgem rate" right there on first line

1669642253894.png

Top Bottom