Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
So how low does your household temp go then?…

Lowest I’ve seen it drop is 16C past couple of weeks.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
And your happy sitting around in those temps ????

Well half of that occurs overnight, boost when we get up, then it slowly dips during day till heating gives it a boost again for the evening. But yeah I’m happy at 16-17C during the day, nice fleecy jumper. I’m usually out for a couple of hours on bike some point during day. Always feel warm after I get back in. I’m rarely Sat still for longer than 30 mins at a time and moving around in house I don’t feel cold when I sit down again.

midlife

Guru
But hes going to paying a lot more than he is now, thats the shock im getting at….

and is he paying 5k less than you???? If his bills are £80 for next 10mths lets say, thats £800…..Are you saying you dual fuel bill for that same period is £5800 or £580 a month

or are you saying over his 2yr fixed period???

Circa £3000 for oil and £2000 a year for electric was the expected cost this year judging by use over the last coupe of years....

Been on a strict energy diet like most on here so going to see what this year brings.......

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Well half of that occurs overnight, boost when we get up, then it slowly dips during day till heating gives it a boost again for the evening. But yeah I’m happy at 16-17C during the day, nice fleecy jumper. I’m usually out for a couple of hours on bike some point during day. Always feel warm after I get back in.

What boost, you say your heating doesnt come on at all unless below 7c…..so whats boosting the temperature?..

jowwy

Circa £3000 for oil and £2000 a year for electric was the expected cost this year judging by use over the last coupe of years....

Been on a strict energy diet like most on here so going to see what this year brings.......

Right so not an apples for apples comparison then…..but yeh still expensive

and over two years thats around 8k more based on his £80 dual fuel bill currently, which would be approx £960 for the year

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
What boost, you say your heating doesnt come on at all unless below 7c…..so whats boosting the temperature?..

No the control you can set minimum temperatures for about 5 periods during each day. We have it set to 7C overnight and 7C during day, hence it doesn’t come on. We have it set to min of 17.5C, from 5am till 7am and min of 17.5C from 4:45pm till 9:30pm.

jowwy

No the control you can set minimum temperatures for about 5 periods during each day. We have it set to 7C overnight and 7C during day, hence it doesn’t come on. We have it set to min of 17.5C, from 5am till 7am and min of 17.5C from 4:45pm till 9:30pm.

That makes more sense now……:okay:

Top Bottom