Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I fixed for 2 years. I’ve not been on my gaming PC & still paying £50 a month more.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I have just put our monthly meter readings in to our energy supplier - our charges were about £85 and when I looked our account was in credit by £326! The reason for this is that they hiked our monthly DD for dual fuel in March from £95 to £209.00 as our fixed deal expired. So basically they have totally over estimated our usage in the guise of 'due to the price cap rise'. We haven't altered our normal behaviours or anything. Fortunately, they make it easy to change the DD and also to request some of our cash back. So it is worthwhile keeping a check on what you are actually spending compared to what they think they should be charging - even allowing for it ironing out the fall and rise as the seasons change...

Scaleyback

Veteran
I have just put our monthly meter readings in to our energy supplier - our charges were about £85 and when I looked our account was in credit by £326! The reason for this is that they hiked our monthly DD for dual fuel in March from £95 to £209.00 as our fixed deal expired. So basically they have totally over estimated our usage in the guise of 'due to the price cap rise'. We haven't altered our normal behaviours or anything. Fortunately, they make it easy to change the DD and also to request some of our cash back. So it is worthwhile keeping a check on what you are actually spending compared to what they think they should be charging - even allowing for it ironing out the fall and rise as the seasons change...

You do know don't you that energy companies estimate your annual usage (based on previous history) then divide that by 12. What they don't want is you falling into massive overdraft once winter arrives.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I was paying £1,000 p.a. to British Gas.

That’s a lot I pay less than that a year for both gas and electric at the new rates.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not posted here in a while and will probably dissappear again after this post

one of the thing i have done to reduce electrical costs is a gas grill and pizza oven outside for cooking and using a solar generator linked to a 200w solar panel in my office........and for those who said TVs cant be run from solar, its been working brilliantly for the past 5mths

Office TV uses as little as 40watts/h
SkyQ box uses 10watts/h
Laptop 40watts/h...but only when it needs recharging
Spare PC screen 10watts/h....

My last 3 days of energy comsumption since aquiring the pizza oven is 5.5kwh sunday, 5kwh monday and 4kwh yesterday. With electrical costs rising the way they are, they will all pay themselves back in no time.

Top Bottom