Enought time for event?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I would get Halfords to fit the lot, set it up, it wont take them very long at all. Save you the hassle
Your legs and knees will thank you on the steeper sections.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah I probably will get them to set it all up, ordered these last night
Screenshot_20190305-081524_Email.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
Well just had the 11 34 fitted, riding around the car park it seems fine so roll on the weekend when I can put it to the test

:okay:

I bet you found the easy gears super easy. You will be amazed how much easier the previous climbs are.

Some figures for you
your easiest previous gear was 30-25 .with gear inches of 31.5"

new gearing 30-34 .gears inches 23"

That's a huge difference- you will feel immediately

CXRAndy

Guru
Ha they were very easy!

Looking forward to giving them a go

Don't grind, spin :okay:

You should see nearly a 20 rpm difference for the same climbing speed on your new easy low gear.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah, well the lowest gear was definitely a little too hard on some hills, so definitely needed to go into a lower gear if i had it at the time.

So ive got 32c tyres, new cassette and chain now.

Sold my pinnacle too so thats freed up some cash, sold it for more than i paid too

30 miles planned down worthing this Saturday

Then only 2 weeks untill the event!

CXRAndy

Guru
In the final week just do 10-15 miles to keep legs turning but keep fresh, .

You are more than ready, bike sorted and with time to iron out any minor issues.

After many hundreds of competitive events the singularly most important thing I can suggest is to ignore everything that is going on around you and cycle at your preset and predetermined pace.
You will find that so many will blast off from the start and then in only a few miles they will fall by the wayside.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a sportive he's doing... not a competitive race which is presumably what you were referring to? What cat did you race?

Top Bottom