Entered my First Audax - now what???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Are there ever any flat audax, i could be tempted after all this?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Now @Fubar has done his Audax, can I borrow the thread for an audax question?

These "proof of passage" receipts. I may need to do these on my upcoming ride. Do I just go into a shop or garage and buy a Mars bar or something, and keep the receipt, is that all that's required? Then what? Do I hand the receipts over with my card at the end? Or do I have to write a control number or something mysterious on the receipt?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I like the sound of the one @Dogtrousers posted earlier. I will have to keep an eye out.

To be fair i could do a couple that are run around the Weald as i know the roads so well.

Could just be the incentive i need to keep going through the winter.

Next year in June there's the San Fairy Ann's Flattest series of Audax rides from Brethersden.

These "proof of passage" receipts. I may need to do these on my upcoming ride. Do I just go into a shop or garage and buy a Mars bar or something, and keep the receipt, is that all that's required? Then what? Do I hand the receipts over with my card at the end? Or do I have to write a control number or something mysterious on the receipt?

Yup, that's all. Have a look at the receipt before you leave the shop, make sure location is printed on it and the time is legible and correct. You can then write the time on the card, and the location on the receipt if it's not clear. I usually stuff them all in the ziplock bag with the card, and the controller helps sort them out at the end. If the cards are being sent to france for homogulation (not usual except in a PBP year) they'll stick/staple them to the cards for you.

Cash points are useful as their clocks are accurate, and if you aren't hungry/thirsty they save you spending money.

Edit - it's not meant to be hard, just a way of proving you were there. I'm pretty sure if something went wrong with your receipts, and you could take out garmin/phone and show the GPS track, a controller would be happy to accept it. On my first 200km audax I realised that the receipt from the cafe had the wrong time, so went into the coop, and their clock was wrong too. Cafe owner initialed the receipt, and org had no problem with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Now @Fubar has done his Audax, can I borrow the thread for an audax question?

HIJACK ALERT!!!

Top Bottom