Etape caledonia 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alves

Good luck everybody!
Above all have fun though.
Keith (67) and that's not my age either before anyone asks

Rip Van

Veteran
Just checked the latest weather forecast.
Looks like full Scottish summer gear for me!

fudgedog

Went up last night to register, everybody I saw seemed in good spirits weather was slightly better than in Perth where it was desperate. Bought a pair of over shoes so now sorted. Good luck to everybody and hope it is a following wind.

gavintc

Guru
We are sitting in a B&B in Pitlochry. Looks nice out of the window at present, but it rained pretty constantly last night. Heading down to registration soon.

I still in my parents house in Dunfermline, I'll pop up to register for later. It OK'sh (dry at least here at the moment); I'm just checking out a few weather crystal balls forecast. According to one site it'll be drizzle in the AM followed by a dry spell then heavy rain in the PM, windy all the time. Another site says it'll be drizzle all day but less windy :biggrin:

Noodley

Best of luck to everyone riding this. :sad:

I was driving up from Jedburgh today and saw quite a few cars with bikes strapped on the top/back.

I was out on a ride yesterday and saw quite a few folk out riding n the road. I wonder if some folk were out for a gentle ride the day before.

I look forward to seeing the first posts of the returnees in about an hour and a half! ;)

gavintc

Guru
Well, I waved them off and am heading down to the finish in a couple of hours. They started in rain, but it was easing and the weather has been dry since the start. Damp roads - certainly for the first few miles.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
What utter, UTTER NIMBY f**kwits. I hope they're caught & sued for damages / losses to the local economy / losses to the orgainisers / riders etc.

I can't express how angry I am at idiots who would do such a thing.

I average 19.1mph if my calcs are right that's 4h15m my Official time was 4h56 :becool:
At the bottom of Schiehallion, I thought to my self that's strange there an awful lot of p'ture then as I was going down a hill at about 25mph I got one (front tyre) and there was a bit of a bend at the bottom had a little bit of a wobble and alarmed the blokes behind me but luckilly I held it. Aparently others weren't so lucky however :smile: when I was fixing my tyre one of the blokes next said he had 5 :wacko: and just reading the bbc I see somebody came off I hope they weren't hurt.

OP
OP
LeeW

LeeW

My computer said 3:45:52 riding and the total distance I did was 73.7Mph which gives a riding avg of around 19.5mph. My 'official' time was about 4:48. I somehow managed to avoid any p*nct*r*s but had to wait just over an hour at the top of the hill where it was rather cold.

Top Bottom