Etape caledonia 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcd

Rab said:
7.00am start for me :headshake:

Me too - slightly apprehensive at being in first group! But it'll suit me better to get to the bottom of the climb sooner rather than later - so looking forward to it.

Keith (No. 102)

OP
OP
LeeW

LeeW

I'm gonna be going off at 7:34, so highly unlikley I will see keith :biggrin:
At least I will hopefully be able to smoke lots of roadies.

mcd

Yesterday's forecast for Sunday from the BBC was looking good, but today's forecast for Sunday isn't looking so good. Best pack for all eventualities.

Keith (No. 102)

gavintc

Guru
I did 4 : 05 last year and was saving myself a little toward the end as I did not know how bad the final hill was. It is easy to get sucked along in large pelotons. I know I could have gone (a little bit) harder. So a sub 4 hour is not too difficult for a club rider - remember I have not yet finished a 4th Cat race with the main peloton.

kennykool

Weather doesn't look nice but hey I love riding in the rain. Certainly won't be as nice last year

Looking for a sub 4 hour myself. Got 8 other gutys riding with me this year so don't see it being a problem.

Gonna be a great day

gavintc said:
I did 4 : 05 last year and was saving myself a little toward the end as I did not know how bad the final hill was. It is easy to get sucked along in large pelotons. I know I could have gone (a little bit) harder. So a sub 4 hour is not too difficult for a club rider - remember I have not yet finished a 4th Cat race with the main peloton.

I finished last year in 4 hours seven seconds and like you I am a club rider who hasn't finished a 4th cat race yet in the main peloton (first season ;)).

If you get in with a good group, have a decent level of fitness and work hard on the hills 4 hours is achievable (subject of course to inclement weather!).

Robert (no. 65)

Rab said:
I finished last year in 4 hours seven seconds and like you I am a club rider who hasn't finished a 4th cat race yet in the main peloton (first season ;)).

If you get in with a good group, have a decent level of fitness and work hard on the hills 4 hours is achievable (subject of course to inclement weather!).

Robert (no. 65)
Well done Rab. I am in a club but I've never raced and did it on my own last year, I only done it in 4h21. It was my 1st event of its type and I did feel like I paced my self too much, at the end of it I felt like I could have done another lap :hello: and was suprised at how easy the hills were. Having said that I'll probably push too hard this year and struggle on the first hill ;)
With the right conditions as you've said people could easily do sub 4h.

scoosh said:
Now that's a good reason to be a bit p***ed off ;)

Give it some welly this year ;)

Oh yes.................had targeted 4 hours so I was not a happy chappy ;)

I am now a member of a club (wasn't last year) much fitter and going a lot better, so hopefully (weather and mechanical issues permitting) I should get in in under 4 hours

Top Bottom