Etape caledonia 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ferret fur

No, I think they did that last year.. You cannot really close the roads 30 seconds befoire the first rider goes through. I'd still expect a 7 or 6:45 start

fudgedog

If they are closing roads early, how do you get there on the day and where can you park

kennykool

You can get into Pitlochry via the main street. You will then be directed down to a park where there is ample parking for competitors.

They only close the roads in sections so at the end of the race you cant get out the way you came in and have to follow an alternate route. That make sense?

It is a very well organised event and everything is clearly signposted - just drive to Pitlochry and you will be guided from marshalls and volunteers.

kellis10

I am keen to take part in this event this year, having trained through the winter but failed to secure an entry before it sold out (gross incompetence on my part).

If anyone has or knows of anyone with an entry they unfortunate enough not to be able to use I would love to here from you?

Noodley

kellis10 said:
I am keen to take part in this event this year, having trained through the winter but failed to secure an entry before it sold out (gross incompetence on my part).

If anyone has or knows of anyone with an entry they unfortunate enough not to be able to use I would love to here from you?

Ride the Deeside Loop audax instead. Same date starting from Forfar

fudgedog

Where did you find your start time ?

gavintc

Guru
7.04 for me. So we are quite close in start times. I just hope I get a good little peleton to share the work/wind. I was very fortunate last year and had a cracking ride with good group from beginning to end.

My wife is quite happy, she has an extra 30 mins in bed that morning before her start time.

kennykool

I got Bloody 7.34. Rubbish time considering i am aiming for under 4 hours 30 max and I said so in my seedings email. Was hoping for 7.10 at latest

Don't know why they have times asd i had no chance of getting anywhere near the start line last year....it turns into a free for all and your time doesn't start until you cross the start line anyway.

Not happy at my start time :blush:

Maverick75

Same here. Aiming for 4:45 and get a 7:40 start. Suspect I'm going to spend the entire route trying to get past people - especially when they have all knackered themselves in the first 10km up to Queen's View. Still I suppose it will give me a sensible pace up until then.

ferret fur

I know that there are more people this year, but I didn't start until 07:24 (or something) last year & crowds really were not a problem. There seemed to be plenty of space to get past (& I broke 4hrs)

Top Bottom