Etape caledonia 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennykool

Fair comment Ferret Fur. There was a fair amount of space last year.

Maverick you are dead right - those who haven't riden the course before will get a shock by the climb up to Queens view. The group will spread out even more after that!

fudgedog

At least you know your start times. For the rest of us who don't know yet, I phoned HQ and they say start times will be on website by end of week. I'm just hoping it will be dry and not windy on the day

adscrim

Veteran
kennykool said:
I got Bloody 7.34. Rubbish time considering i am aiming for under 4 hours 30 max and I said so in my seedings email. Was hoping for 7.10 at latest

I put down over 5 hours 30 in my seeding e-mail and have a start time of 7:26.
Start times seem a little strange unless they're going fast slow fast slow; i suppose that would give slower groups a chance at hanging on to a few faster groups as they come through!

fudgedog

I'm a tail end charlie at 7.46, along with the missus. On the plus side at least I won't be demoralised by the sub 4hr whiz kids passing every minute

gavintc said:
Well a mountain bike accident - 'over the bars', has in an instant turned me from looking forward to the fun to a spectator. I broke my collar bone and will not be riding for about a month, hope I am back riding for the Trossachs event.

Oh bu%%er! :blush: That sounds nasty Gavin! Are you ok otherwise?

I hope you recover quickly.

gavintc

Guru
magnatom said:
Oh bu%%er! :rolleyes: That sounds nasty Gavin! Are you ok otherwise?

I hope you recover quickly.

Thanks for the kind comment. Just very frustrating. You do not realise how important 2 arms are, till you lose the use of one. Messed up my training regime - well turbo will be cracked out in a couple of weeks.

gavintc said:
Thanks for the kind comment. Just very frustrating. You do not realise how important 2 arms are, till you lose the use of one. Messed up my training regime - well turbo will be cracked out in a couple of weeks.

At least collar bones usually heal fairly quickly, I suppose it could have been worse.

Another silver lining is that because of your lack of training, I might be able to keep within 20 miles of you at the finish of the Trossachs Ton..... maybe! :rolleyes:;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That's terrible - how unfortunate :sad: - does it add more evidence to prove how much more dangerous MTBing is ;) ? Hope it was 'only' your collar bone - not a mashed up face, broken nose etc :sad:

4 months training to be kept for something else - Trossachs Ton ??

gavintc said:
My wife is quite happy, she has an extra 30 mins in bed that morning before her start time.
Not now, she doesn't :sad:

gavintc

Guru
scoosh said:
That's terrible - how unfortunate :girl: - does it add more evidence to prove how much more dangerous MTBing is :smile: ? Hope it was 'only' your collar bone - not a mashed up face, broken nose etc ;)

4 months training to be kept for something else - Trossachs Ton ??

Not now, she doesn't :biggrin:

Hey scoosh, I was considering this. I think there is a strong argument that you need experience to handle either bike. I have practically no MTB experience, especially at speed in a race. The marshalls were reportedly surprised at my cornering on the short road section before I entered the cross country stage, proving that I can ride the road, just not the mud. I was in 2nd place and catching him when I overcooked it.

trossachs ton - entered

Top Bottom