Etape Caledonia 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
There was a link to an entrant list posted on here for this years event (I think by LeeW - apologies if it wan't you Lee). Does anyone know if there is an entry list available for next year?

Thanks

adscrim

Veteran
For those of you as nosey as me.

The list here is showing 3290 entrants - not sure if the field is limited to 3500 and equally unsure if all the entrants listed are for the full challenge course but it suggests that entry could be closing shortly.

LeeW

3307 entries now, 193 places left if 3500 is the max.
Even though there are entry spaces left I suspect accommodation in the area will be scarce.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm in :rolleyes:

Fortunately, my In-laws have a permanent caravan at the Faskally site, so accommodation shouldn't be too much of an ishoo. :wacko:

adscrim

Veteran
Entrant count now at 3344, 50+ additions in 2 days, at this rate entries will be closed long before the New Year.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Not the one he intended though.

Just goes to prove that all publicity is good is good publicicty - even if negatively intended.

Same thing happened to OMM. All the uninformed criticism of the 2008 event did was to ensure that the 2009 event was full within days of booking opening.

LeeW

I still remember when the police tried to stop critical mass in london and the next event had over double the number of riders.

adscrim

Veteran
The entrant list has breached 3500 so I guess they're not stopping there! I wonder if they have been limited or have in the past self limited. It would be fantastic to see numbers in excess of 4000 and with 5 months to go, that must surely be within reach.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
adscrim said:
The entrant list has breached 3500 so I guess they're not stopping there! I wonder if they have been limited or have in the past self limited. It would be fantastic to see numbers in excess of 4000 and with 5 months to go, that must surely be within reach.
... bringing in even more revenue for the area (except for certain outlets :becool:), which proves that Mr Tacks has clearly shot himself in the foot.

Anyone got an update of when he is next due in court ?

TechMech

Well that's me entered!! 3638th (probable finishing position as well I expect lol)

Interestingly in the "Where did you hear about the race" section, one of the selections was "A news article about the 2009 race". I wonder how many folks put that down?

Once the Ice and Snow has been and gone, it'll be training time for me!! A bonus is that I live close enough to be able to go and cycle the course anytime :becool:

TechMech

OMG!! I've just had another look at the entry list, it's now at 3801!!!

That means 163 people have entered in just 1 week!!

I'm beginning to wonder if the road is going to be wide enough for everyone :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
TechMech said:
OMG!! I've just had another look at the entry list, it's now at 3801!!!

That means 163 people have entered in just 1 week!!

I'm beginning to wonder if the road is going to be wide enough for everyone :sad:
It's not the width, it's the length that counts ;)

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Am I right in saying it's £56 plus a min of £150 sponsorship to be raised to enter?
Seems like a lot compared to other more difficult sportives but I take it that is due to the roads getting closed adding to the cost of organisation, so is it worth it?

Top Bottom