European Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was mental! In the first half it was so boring and then it all went crazy... they are going to regret their goalkeeper getting sent off though.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It was mental, enjoyable though. Didn't catch any of the Switzerland v Portugal, going to watch highlights of that in a bit. A lot of the goals seem to be pretty spectacular ones in these games.

OP
OP
R

Renard

Agree fantastic end to the game. One of those surreal chain of events which had me chuckling. Half the team are going to be suspended or injured in the next tie.

These championships have been a breath of fresh air.

jassy-x

Flying_Monkey said:
That was mental! In the first half it was so boring and then it all went crazy... they are going to regret their goalkeeper getting sent off though.
...Turkey really got in about it in the 2nd half and deserved what they got...great finish to the game, although it would have been really interesting to see how the stand-in keeper would have coped with a penalty shoot-out should the Czechs have grabbed a late equaliser..

marinyork

Being devoid of first choice goalkeeper may still come back to haunt them, as perhaps some of the other suspensions and who knows what'll happen to the manager too!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Flying_Monkey said:

recbar is lucky for me. in 2002, when the office did a fantasy league based on the world cup, recbar was the player who won it for me. so with turkey in the sweep this year, he could be a lucky omen for me :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
So... Portugal out eh. Not a bad match (yet again). Germans in the semis :eek:.
Fantastic news, isn't it :smile:

I would like to see a ban on substitutions in the last ten minutes of each half. It is used purely as a spoiler tactic, and if there is a genuine injury, well, tough. Teams know how to play with 10 men.

Bigtallfatbloke

I thought Portugal were poor tonight...Germany were easily the better team on the night...although there is an arrogance about Ballack and Schweinsteiger that annoys me somewhat, I cannot argue with their footballing skills tonight.

Noodley

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I thought Portugal were poor tonight...Germany were easily the better team on the night...although there is an arrogance about Ballack and Schweinsteiger that annoys me somewhat, I cannot argue with their footballing skills tonight.

An Englishman claiming someone else is arrogant??!!! At least they are able...:eek:

marinyork

Well I think Portugal are arrogant at times but I know exactly what BFTB means about Ballack! Could be an interesting semi against Croatia or Turkey.

yello

I'm not a fan of Ballack either. But, again, successful sportsmen and arrogance seem to go hand-in-hand.

Germany were the better side on the night (Brian) and deserved the win. Where were Portugal? However I thought a hint of offside for Germany's 2nd goal and a blatant push by Ballack on the Portuguese defender for the 3rd.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
typical germany, producing the goods when it mattered. when they've won tournaments before, they've never stormed the qualifiers or group stages. and you don't want to finish a knock-out game against them with the scores level…

Top Bottom