European Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Portugal were overrated at the start. Germany are not as good as they have been this year - IMHO Croatia are this tournament's 'Germany' - no huge stars but efficient, organised, thoroughly prepared and playing as a team.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...although there is an arrogance about Ballack and Schweinsteiger that annoys me somewhat, I cannot argue with their footballing skills tonight.

It's not the arrogance of the footballers, it's the arrogance of the 80 odd million glued to the TV set that worries me/drives me up the wall. Most countries celebrate and wave the flag, but last night there were car horns and fireworks for a couple of hours after the game had finished. Someone in a house round the corner from us manages to set of a banger off quite within 2 seconds of a German goal (they must stand there with lighter in one hand, firework in the other and the window open ready for a German goal).

So who is going to beat the Germans, then? Is there any hope? If the Turks ever beat them, there'll be civil war here!

Bigtallfatbloke

If the Turks ever beat them, there'll be civil war here!

well after tonights superb last half of extra time it looks as if the Turks may yet get their chance!

That is going to be a massive game in Germany...but to be honest I reckon the German team are laughing right now. Turkey have so many suspensions and injuries I doubt they will be a match for Germany...not unless they add some kind of secret substance to the doner kebabs or something.

Noodley

Flying_Monkey said:
Portugal were overrated at the start. Germany are not as good as they have been this year - IMHO Croatia are this tournament's 'Germany' - no huge stars but efficient, organised, thoroughly prepared and playing as a team.

..and "out" :evil:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Both halves of extra time were good. Couldn't see Croatia winning penalties after Senturk's goal, they looked devastated. Gutsy stuff and enjoyable.

Germany probably are laughing like they said on BBC1 but let Turkey enjoy their moment, no mean achievement reaching another semi and they've really had to work hard for it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You know what - Germany are going to win get through to the final after all. Croatia paid for having no decent strikers. Netherlands to win the whole thing (please!).

Netherlands for the win. They have the bit between their teeth now and seem untypically unfazed by anyone they've met so far.

Hup Holland!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hehe. Equal to last night's game. Again impressed by when it went to extra time russia picked themselves up from a set back, ran after balls, nipped around, tried again and again. Holland just seemed not bothered.

Top Bottom