Eurostar train bike pickup at London St Pancras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
Has anyone any recent experience of picking a bike up from Eurostar at London St Pancras? The bike is going on fully assembled (space is booked) so that I don't have to faff about putting it back together in London before an onward train.

Is damage a real possibility? What's the procedure if there is something wrong, fill out a form and send it in or stand there and "disagree" who's at fault there and then?

Assuming the bike is in the condition it bordered, what time should I allow for picking it up? I understand that there's a walk to the depot; is the desk always manned; is it usually busy there (arrival is a Friday lunch time)?

I was thinking of allowing 30 mins after arrival time to pick the bike up which leaves me 30 mins to get to London Paddington [on the bike] for my onward train. Concerned I might be cutting things a bit fine but as GWR now enforce a bike must have a reservation I need to work out what train I will be taking.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
A

adamhearn

Veteran
Thanks; what's the walking time required from train to pickup area; 10 mins? I can walk fast/run :smile:

Tim Hall

What @User13710 said. I went out from St pancras last Friday and returned on Monday. Seamless. I even left a bottle and my seat pack on without a problem, although they do ask for luggage and other removable stuff to come off. You go through airport style scanners with the rest of the passengers and your luggage is xrayed. The woman at Brussels tried to tell me co2 cartidges weren't allowed on the bike, so i i put them in my hand luggage. No one at xray commented on them nor my Opinel knife

Top Bottom