Ever amazed by your own stupidity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Is he hoping to be in the running for next year’s Darwin awards?

Proof that natural selection is at work :okay:

Is he hoping to be in the running for next year’s Darwin awards?

I deal with a few migrants who had jobs like this; one worked casually on a road gang for 40 years, hoping to be picked up each morning, no wages if he wasn't. In that situation when the boss gives you a hammer and points you at a wall, you do as you're told.

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

It oinly proves that if the Darwin award is received (note that a proper Darwin award can only be give to a recipient who dies without procreating).

I did a NEBOSH safety course years ago. The instructor had a few pictures of potential H&S disasters which had you thinking that other members of the species aren't quite firing on all thrusters.

captain nemo1701

I keep several suits plus a pair of 'nice' shoes at work along with emergency shirt/underwear just in case I forget anything.

Along with a few paper clips, biros and site PPE, my office drawers are full of spare T shirts, socks etc just in case of that deluge etc...even have a couple of towels and the one necessary item...spare trousers. I have a niggling fear of forgetting my trousers and having to spend all day in my cycling shorts.....Once actually did happen, thank goodness for George at Asda :okay: . I sometimes think half my wardrobe is at work. And then there's that T-shirt you can't find to wash...oh...its in the office. Most of my commuting is with rucksacks with clothing going to and fro....:laugh:

Chris S

Legendary Member
I received a 99p refund from ebay for an item that was out of stock but not another £2.30 for the postage and packaging. I've only just noticed, nearly two years later.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I received a 99p refund from ebay for an item that was out of stock but not another £2.30 for the postage and packaging. I've only just noticed, nearly two years later.

Allowing for inflation you are now £79.43 down.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wondered why the top of my head felt cold when I went to the shops this morning. When I got home I realized that I was wearing a headband and not my woolly hat.
I went out for a ride the other day and halfway round realised that the helmet that I could feel on my head was in fact only the Goretex skullcap that I had intended to wear under the helmet.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I was trying to trouble-shoot why our garden room sudednyl had no internet. I bought an Ethernet end termination kit to put new ends on, then consulted my mate who's in IT, and had waited a whole day for the things to be delivered before I finally realised......the cable had come out the back of the router. PLugged it back in and all was well. Rule number1: check the obvious things first :wacko:

Top Bottom