Everyone liking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I preffered the old style forum to be honest

Simon

Crankarm

Guru

Simon

+1. The new colour scheme is too in your face. I have a headache. Old forum colour scheme was much more subtle and easy on the eye.

Also what has happened to all the smilies????? Where have they gone and who has got them? Can we get them back? This new crew are not a patch on the old gang.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Simon

+1. The new colour scheme is too in your face. I have a headache. Old forum colour scheme was much more subtle and easy on the eye.

Also what has happened to all the smilies????? Where have they gone and who has got them? Can we get them back? This new crew are not a patch on the old gang.

At the bottom left of the page you can change the style, I have changed to Cleancut. The orange was very distracting. Under the nine smilies, it says "Show All" - this is not an invitation for you to get undressed. :sad: it shows all the smilies that used to be available. Hope this helps. ;)

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I'm liking this new version very much. I like the fact you can see your last post just after you click on "view new content". And can see what others have put up. Sometimes on the old system my last post was nowhere to be seen by me unless Iooked at my profile. I like the full screen. Sometimes I use 'Retrobike' and their pages sometimes goes off my srceen (praps it's set up for widescreen):sad:
I'm getting used to where everything is on here. Got the hang of smileys (I have to leave 2 spaces for them to work). It is also better to see the whole range of smileys on screen instead of another window opening up for more.
Good work Shaun. Well done brill ;)

Edits not bad either.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
What I like about this forum and it was a feature the old c+ forum had; if I got bored half way down a page ;) there was an option in every post to return 'back to the top', with the old style CC it was only at the bottom of the entire page. :sad:

Press the "home" key and you go back to top of page. ;)

What I like about this forum and it was a feature the old c+ forum had; if I got bored half way down a page ;) there was an option in every post to return 'back to the top', with the old style CC it was only at the bottom of the entire page. :sad:

Press the "home" key and you go back to top of page. ;)

Could do that but its not convenient on this lap top, a clicky is much more convenient ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
How do you post pictures? It doesn't seem to work.

PBancroft

How do you post pictures? It doesn't seem to work.

Like this:

bike12wp3.jpg

EDIT: Or, in a more helpful mode, press the insert image button, and then enter the URL.

PBancroft

Simon

I didn't like the new colour scheme to start with, but I'm warming to it now.

I thought the smilies were the same as the old ones?

Laie_76A.gif
Weeeeeeee!

Shaun

Founder
Interesting to hear your feedback - I have a lot of changes I want to make to the layout / styles / etc. and may still yet lighten some areas of it.

When I commissioned the new design I only had a limited opportunity to test it, and hadn't bargained for some of the results; for example, all the dark blue boxes around the page number really, really detract from the thread titles in a way that wasn't obvious before we went live with it.

The topic hover is a real bug-bear too - a feature I'm missing the same as the rest of you, so I'll either chase the developer of the add-on, or write the code myself. I'll make this a key priority this next week and we'll see if we can't sort it ... :rolleyes:

Anything specific that you're having problems with, please mention it in the new software feedback forum - it all helps me to shape CC for the better.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Oddly, I've warmed to the topic preview on here. It used to annoy me on the old one that it disappeared before I'd finished reading it, whereas this one doesn't.

Top Bottom