Example of good driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
We always remember the bad drivers, the close passes, the left turners. So I thought I would pop an example of good driving here (mainly because it's so unusual).

vimeo.com/237721565

snorri

Legendary Member
Link no worky:sad:.

Lonestar

Veteran
I remember good drivers all the time and acknowledge them.

Unfortunately one crappy bit of driving can really ruin it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Perfection may have included an indicator being used.

One only needs use indicators when there is another road user who will benefit from the act. Blindly whacking them out tends to quickly become a substitute for looking properly, such is human nature.

Will Spin

Über Member
Sometimes I get a driver who moves onto the other side of the road to overtake .This makes me so happy I want to chase after them and kiss them.
This is fine (overtaking bit, I don't know about the kissing bit), apart from those drivers who do this and seem to be completely oblivious to the oncoming traffic.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
There's been countless times when I've attempted to cross the road on foot only to have to step back again because some t*** on the other adjoining road started turning onto the one I'm crossing without indicating.
Rule 170 means bugger all to the motoring masses as they'll just plough through ignorantly but if they indicate first, I'll know to wait safely till they've passed me.
Indicating should be an auto pilot reflex when changing direction.

There's been countless times when I've attempted to cross the road on foot only to have to step back again because some t*** on the other adjoining road started turning onto the one I'm crossing without indicating.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c412hqucHKw

Indicating should be an auto pilot reflex when changing direction.
I am shocked that indicating isn't required by law here.

Only found this out recently, as I had always just assumed.

Brandane

Legendary Member
One only needs use indicators when there is another road user who will benefit from the act. Blindly whacking them out tends to quickly become a substitute for looking properly, such is human nature.
This must be one of the worst pieces of advice ever dreamt up by these supposedly "advanced driver" organisations.
Back in the day it was nice and simple; mirror - signal - manoeuvre. Using indicators is and never was a substitute for looking properly. The lack of indicator usage has recently become something of a badge of honour because of this "advanced driver" endorsement. Or to put it another way, indicators have become something that only learners and wet-behind-the-ears drivers use.

Personally I am tired of arriving at T junctions or roundabouts and having to stop because there is a car coming from my right which is not indicating, so I have to assume it is going straight ahead across my path. Then the fecker turns left without indicating, into the street I am emerging from...... All because there was no-one behind him, and he possibly didn't see me as I was hidden by buildings on my approach to the junction. In the old days he would (or should) have been signalling a left turn on the approach, so once I had made sure that he was indeed slowing down and looking like he was turning, I could have emerged. That is just one example; I could go on all day about drivers not indicating.....

Top Bottom