Examples of gross impertinence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I personally don't see anything wrong with that. A lot of people have suffered over the last few years losing they're jobs, and homes etc through no fault of they're own. Maybe they are now getting back on they're feet, and may need to..

Knock door-to-door to earn enough to feed their families........

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3535429, member: 9609"]Does everyone have a 'credit rating' and is it findable outable - where would I look for mine ?[/QUOTE]

Noddle will tell you for free. Mines gubbed but I don't know why.

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3535416, member: 9609"]I just pretend I'm the gardener or plumber or something.[/QUOTE]
I know a few people who do this, but I don't know why.

I've always said I'm not interested and shut the door without waiting for an answer.

classic33

Leg End Member
haven't the electoral register and credit checks gone hand in hand for decades, ....
Yes, however you do have the chance of being on the Electoral Register and not being visible.
So that can also have an effect.

TVC

[QUOTE 3535429, member: 9609"]Does everyone have a 'credit rating' and is it findable outable - where would I look for mine ?[/QUOTE]
Yep, if you have ever had any dealings with any bank etc ever. If you have a mobile phone contract then it will have been checked. Experian is one credit rating agency to try if you want to know.

Given that I have paid off my mortgage and have not taken out a loan in 20 years I wonder what mine would be, though I don't wonder enough to pay to find out.

I think you have to have quite an inflated sense of your own importance to find someone's behaviour 'impertinent'.
upload_2015-2-14_12-29-43.jpeg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Given that I have paid off my mortgage and have not taken out a loan in 20 years I wonder what mine would be,

It could be quite poor.

The best ratings tend to come from regular, but not too regular, borrowing and repayment on schedule.

As someone who has been all but invisible for 20 years, you might now find it difficult to get credit.

Does this matter?

Possibly not, although if you happen to want, say, a contract mobile phone and can't get one it could be irritating.

I'm in a similar position to you, but with the above in mind, I tend to use a credit card for day to day purchases - a few hundred each month - and pay it all off at the end of the month.

That way, if the question is asked, my record does at least show I can operate a credit card responsibly.

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3535481, member: 9609"]with my past I don't know who might be knocking on my door, ^_^, god forbid it could be a relation I haven't seen for years.

Seriously though as a third party you can find out a little what they are up to or want, with out getting involved.[/QUOTE]
If they genuinely believe you I've always thought they might be likely to call back later to catch the owner.

My wife thinks I look rude sometimes, I prefer to call it straight to the point.

As soon as the patter starts it's a hand up and a, "not interested," then the door closes.

byegad

Legendary Member
I too have a No cold Callers sign on the front door. I usually open the door, assess they are indeed cold calling, and point to the sign. Then slam the door, all without saying a word. However to older men in suits turned up one day and as I pointed to the sign, said,
'OH! No! We're not selling you anything, we want to talk to you about god.'

My reply was that I don't need an imaginary friend and a slammed door. The look of shock on their at my remark faces was priceless!

brand

"I assume you don't live here, your just a gardening for the owner and the house is unoccupied". How he could ascertain that from the other side of a hedge I don't know. I wouldn't mind but I had a wood maul in my hand, since when do you garden with a wood maul. Fuc*ing cheeky TV licence man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom