Examples of gross impertinence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Once had a bloke, Scottish, knock on the front door selling stuff from a holdall, dusters, tea towels, oven mits etc. All over priced and all about as crap as is possible to make. I said sorry I didn't need anything (politely because he was, after all, only trying to make a living) He stuffed his wares back in the back fixed me with a hard stare and said ''F*cking English''

I nearly pissed myself laughing it was so unexpected. At that point I thought he was really going to smack me one he was so furious.^_^

..................I coulda taken him..........no really I could.:boxing:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
This is exactly what I do (using a British Airways Card to save airmiles points), use it for everything then pay in full at end of month.

Another example.

A few years ago our managing director was renovating his house and spending quite a lot at B&Q.

The assistant told him he could get discount if he took a B&Q card and put the purchases on that.

Application refused because he had no credit history.

That was sorted eventually, but I'm sure the application would have gone through on the nod had he kept up a record of responsible borrowing.

brand

I tend to use a credit card for day to day purchases - a few hundred each month - and pay it all off at the end of the month
I do something similar only I put the money into a savings account and pay it off at the end of the interest free period. I keep the interest. Also do the same to save up for large purchase. IE buy the item with the zero interest card and put the money in savings account. I also lie about my income, now a days by multiple of 3. They cannot check and never ask.

If you want to create a good credit score make sure you are on the electoral register. If you lived in the same house for 7 years that ups your score significantly. Of course taking out any credit helps. Make sure a direct debit is never refused by your bank PARTICULARLY for utilities. Although councils don't pass that info on but they are the first to send the bailiffs round. Also use the same forenames every time. IE if you use your middle name use it every time.
PS passing the debt on to zero interest zero fees credit cards now. They are back again, missed them time for a bit of cumulative interest!

Last edited:

TVC

It could be quite poor.

The best ratings tend to come from regular, but not too regular, borrowing and repayment on schedule.

As someone who has been all but invisible for 20 years, you might now find it difficult to get credit.

Does this matter?

Possibly not, although if you happen to want, say, a contract mobile phone and can't get one it could be irritating.

I'm in a similar position to you, but with the above in mind, I tend to use a credit card for day to day purchases - a few hundred each month - and pay it all off at the end of the month.

That way, if the question is asked, my record does at least show I can operate a credit card responsibly.
Like you I use my credit card and pay it in full each month, though my main motivation is in case of fraud, when it is their money and not mine that gets taken. If there ever was a question then my bank records are strong.

jayonabike