Expensive bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Unfortunately my hobbies include cycling AND golf. I could get an 'expensive' bike every year for how much my club fees cost me, and looking at some of my scores and how often I can play due to the lovely British weather, I really don't know why I bother sometimes!
i'm with you lejogger - my golf fees this year was atrocious and so was my playing - so i'm taking a year or two off golf and just enjoying the cycling, hopefully lose some of this extra weight and make the hills a little easier

Kies

Don't get me started on golf membership and green fees!!!

My brother thinks i am the crazy one buying a £1k bike on the c2w scheme, yet he spends £1500 on said club so he can have the privelage of walking around some fields and call it sport?????

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Don't get me started on golf membership and green fees!!!

My brother thinks i am the crazy one buying a £1k bike on the c2w scheme, yet he spends £1500 on said club so he can have the privelage of walking around some fields and call it sport?????
Golf is a sport - now don't get me started on this debate

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I would happily spend 5k on a bike, if I had it. I have bought cars in the past for a lot more and then kept on putting £90 in fuel every ten days, £200+ a year tax and £120 per tyre.

Since buying my Roubaix I have saved roughly £2800 in fuel, and probalby around £750 in servicing and tyres, so a 5k bike would re-pay it self in roughly 3 years (probably closer to 3.5 or 4 by the time you add parts to the bike to cover the miles) Plus I would guess the Roubaix probably has £500-700 re-sale value left in it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Golf is a sport - now don't get me started on this debate

As I have always said about Golf.
Who on earth would spend all that money on fancy kit. Wear funny clothing, go out in all weathers, sometimes on their own, sometimes with their mad mates?
I mean... weirdos.

lejogger

Guru
Who on earth would spend all that money on fancy kit. Wear funny clothing, go out in all weathers, sometimes on their own, sometimes with their mad mates?
I mean... weirdos.
They're not flat these golf courses either sometimes it takes a bit of effort to get up a hill or two... I mean who would find that fun in the wind and rain?

400bhp

Guru
I mean... weirdos.

And they just walk round and end up back where they started. What's the point of that?

Top Bottom