F****** livid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
I went out for a cycle today and on the way home I was cycling along the canal path. The canal was busy, as you would expect on a nice sunny day like today, and to my left there were fishermen. Anyway, I was cycling along and one of the fishermen, without looking, put a big pole thingy right across my path and I went over the handlebars (not the fishing line, a big pole that they use; it looks like a drainpipe). I am absolutely livid because his reaction was extremely bad - threatening to throw my bike and me in the canal. Incidentally, just a few seconds before a small child had passed him on a bike next to his parents who were on foot.

I don't think I was in the wrong here as 1) I was travelling slowly and 2) he should have been more careful.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
His fault as he didn't look.

I'd have called the police with threatening behaviour.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Obviously he wasn't on his own when he had his tough guy rant, as that type usually like an audience! It's a pity you didn't snap it in half as that would have taught him a very expensive lesson indeed :giggle:

JPBoothy

Veteran
I’d have sent him for a swim.
And then poked him with that pole thingy so he can see how the fish feel :laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I went out for a cycle today and on the way home I was cycling along the canal path. The canal was busy, as you would expect on a nice sunny day like today, and to my left there were fishermen. Anyway, I was cycling along and one of the fishermen, without looking, put a big pole thingy right across my path and I went over the handlebars (not the fishing line, a big pole that they use; it looks like a drainpipe). I am absolutely livid because his reaction was extremely bad - threatening to throw my bike and me in the canal. Incidentally, just a few seconds before a small child had passed him on a bike next to his parents who were on foot.

I don't think I was in the wrong here as 1) I was travelling slowly and 2) he should have been more careful.
There are so many nice roads, why would you cycle somewhere that is full of morons? I would have shoved his pole up his a**e.

Top Bottom