F****** livid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
They melt, they bend, they rust, oh no, that's carbon bikes isn't it :laugh:
Haha... I was thinking more that they make your hands cold & wet, the sections can stick together or you might get struck by lightning, which would probably make some on here laugh. Also fishing with a pole when you have a fishing umbrella up is no fun.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I went out for a cycle today and on the way home I was cycling along the canal path. The canal was busy, as you would expect on a nice sunny day like today, and to my left there were fishermen. Anyway, I was cycling along and one of the fishermen, without looking, put a big pole thingy right across my path and I went over the handlebars (not the fishing line, a big pole that they use; it looks like a drainpipe). I am absolutely livid because his reaction was extremely bad - threatening to throw my bike and me in the canal. Incidentally, just a few seconds before a small child had passed him on a bike next to his parents who were on foot.

I don't think I was in the wrong here as 1) I was travelling slowly and 2) he should have been more careful.
It hasn't been entertained much here, but are you sure that wasn't intentional?

Also, anglers, what do people use a large drainpipe for in the art of fishing (asides from fishing for fights with cyclists)?

D

Deleted member 26715

It hasn't been entertained much here, but are you sure that wasn't intentional?
I do quite a bit of cycling down canal sides, I'm fascinated with them, the structures & how they were built, the routes they take, the amount of earth was moved by hand to build them. But I don't think I have ever come across an unreasonable angler, they normally see you coming & make an attempt to move their stuff, or if they don't see you apologise as they move it, but it takes all sorts, just like there are angry cyclists, I suppose there are angry anglers.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
But @Glasgow44 states "not the fishing line, a big pole that they use; it looks like a drainpipe" I can't see anything like that in the video. Is it maybe a case for a rod?
No, I think Glasgow44 means the last section of the pole, which gets thicker at the butt end. Its about 50mm or so on most poles. The tip is very fine. It would obviously be the thick end that brought him off his bike.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
You should have pushed him in the canal & rode off.

I would have given the chance

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm in the States. Each has their own license fees and structures, although a fishing license does not transfer from state to state. Once I reach 75, I think it's a quarter of the price, but now, at full price, I only pay $15. Online , just print the license out on my printer and go. Fines are steep, better to have a license. Separate stamps for the license for salmon, trout. When I guided a wee bit now and again, I needed Hunting and fishing combined license, trout and salmon, Deer permit, duck stamps, I forget what all else. Turkey, minnows(retail), trapping (not that I ever did, but had it) Trapping was $10.00 resident, but $250.00 for non-residents for States without reciprocity. I did see a fellow get caught trapping without a license, from another state, and the fine was phenomenal.

vickster

Legendary Member
Truth be told, I did trap a pregnant raccoon trying to get in my garage in a cage trap. I then drove her to a state park and released her. She took her sweet corn I gave her along with her, she was in no hurry to leave the trap.
Did you let Mr Racoon know so that child support can be properly organised? ;)

Top Bottom