Face masks......where to buy them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Somebody certainly has, but that is sensible & not just 'Fake News' like the one above claiming to be statistics

If you want proof that masks work just look at the US. In April or so everyone was social distancing and wearing masks, most notably in major cities. And the numbers of cases dropped significantly. Now idiots decided we no longer need to wear them, most notably in other places like Florida and Texas and the number of new cases went through the roof and continue to do so because of mask denyers. Real world test lab. You don’t get any better evidence than that.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you want proof that masks work just look at the US. In April or so everyone was social distancing and wearing masks, most notably in major cities. And the numbers of cases dropped significantly. Now idiots decided we no longer need to wear them, most notably in other places like Florida and Texas and the number of new cases went through the roof and continue to do so because of mask denyers. Real world test lab. You don’t get any better evidence than that.
I have never disputed the fact they work, what I am disputing that a healthy person with a mask coming into contact with a Covid carrier has a 70% of being contaminated, when the study to show this is fact that I'll accept it, until then I'll call it out a Scare tactics & Fake News.

If I wanted twisted facts I'd listen to BloJo & his pals which I stopped doing long ago as they haven't a clue either.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I have never disputed the fact they work, what I am disputing that a healthy person with a mask coming into contact with a Covid carrier has a 70% of being contaminated, when the study to show this is fact that I'll accept it, until then I'll call it out a Scare tactics & Fake News.

If I wanted twisted facts I'd listen to BloJo & his pals which I stopped doing long ago as they haven't a clue either.

I get that. He already said he doesn't know where the numbers come from. However, regardless what the numbers actually are, the studies that are out there, and there are several, also do prove that masks protect BOTH the wearer and the other person, when made of the proper material and worn correctly. That is not fake news. And given what is happening in terms of cases and deaths here in my own sad country, I don't need to know what the exact numbers are anymore. The empirical evidence to back it up is literally everywhere

D

Deleted member 26715

I get that. He already said he doesn't know where the numbers come from. However, regardless what the numbers actually are, the studies that are out there, and there are several, also do prove that masks protect BOTH the wearer and the other person, when made of the proper material and worn correctly. That is not fake news. And given what is happening in terms of cases and deaths here in my own sad country, I don't need to know what the exact numbers are anymore. The empirical evidence to back it up is literally everywhere
Yes, but Fake News like that only feeds your fellow countrymen, it is so clearly fictitious they can use it to discredit genuine numbers,

MarkF

Guru
Hah!!! Funny. But smoke and the virus on moisture droplets are two very different things.

I thought it was funny too.^_^ Still, I think surgical masks and homemade are useless, any arguable benefit negated by the constant touching from their annoyance, adjusting fitting, incorrect wearing, their time/use limits not adhered to and of course, the bonkers way we are to implement them, do/don't, can/can't. Still my chances of catching the virus may be lower than slipping on a discarded mask & breaking my leg from Friday.:okay:

Rocky

Hello decadence
I thought it was funny too.^_^ Still, I think surgical masks and homemade are useless, any arguable benefit negated by the constant touching from their annoyance, adjusting fitting, incorrect wearing, their time/use limits not adhered to and of course, the bonkers way we are to implement them, do/don't, can/can't. Still my chances of catching the virus may be lower than slipping on a discarded mask & breaking my leg from Friday.:okay:
Please stop posting this. You are out of step with (i) the WHO (ii) University of Oxford (iii) NHSE (iv) the UK Govt. (v) the US Govt etc etc

You may have your opinions on masks, but you've been shown to be wrong over and over again. Remember calling it a hysteria virus back in March? - well as of today over 610,000 people world-wide have died of it. 45,318 deaths have been recorded in the UK (and the figures are probably higher).

You don't like masks; but just because you work in a hospital, doesn't make you an expert on the pandemic nor on infection control. Just stop posting this dangerous nonsense.

From the Google tracker just now:

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 16.59.17.png

MntnMan62

Über Member

That's your opinion. You're entitled to it. But I can say that it's nonsense. I make my own mask from a bandana and paper towel. Once I tie it on I don't fiddle with it at all. No need. It's full coverage, no leaking and fits nice and snug yet I can breath fine. And all I need to do is replace the paper towel after I've worn it a couple times and rinse out the bandana in soap and hot water. And even with the homemade masks that many people wear, I rarely see people fiddling with their masks. Bottom line is the benefit of wearing one far outweighs the shortcomings from them. You want proof? Look at the number of new cases in the US back in April and May. Numbers dropped big time. Now, people aren't wearing them at all because they listen to a screaming orange sphincter muscle and what happens? More new cases than they country has ever had and in places the country had not seen the virus before. People are stupid. People who don't wear masks are stupid. They deserve what's coming to them.

D

Deleted member 26715

MntnMan62

Über Member
It is & he is entitled to it
Up until then you almost had me
Nope lost me completely now, you're coming over a a ranting loony sorry

Very nice. Personal attacks and name calling. Aren't you just the mature one now. It seems you still have some growing up to do.

figbat

Slippery scientist
And even with the homemade masks that many people wear, I rarely see people fiddling with their masks.
Whilst I agree with your and others' opinions on face coverings (ie I support their use and wear one in shops now) the fiddling thing can easily be seen if you watch Formula 1. During driver interviews they are all constantly adjusting their masks as they either rise up or slip down as they talk. These are often bespoke-looking masks with team branding too. Ironically the more ordinary, generic-looking ones used by the TV presenters appears to stay largely in place if applied correctly.

D

Deleted member 26715

Very nice. Personal attacks and name calling. Aren't you just the mature one now. It seems you still have some growing up to do.
Interesting, you call your President "screaming orange sphincter muscle" assuming it is the leader of the free world you are referring to, you then go onto to call many Billions of people stupid, yet I am the immature one. Okay have it your way, you know best, afterall you are a Merkin & we all know Merkins are the saviours of the world, Hollywood tells us often enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom