Facebook. Others have done it. My turn now. Dumped.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I went on works do last Saturday, by Monday every knew what I had worn, I wouldn't have even imagined it was worth a second of thought.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I went on works do last Saturday, by Monday every knew what I had worn, I wouldn't have even imagined it was worth a second of thought.
This is why I only let mates take pictures of me as none of them are on FB.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1.Delete all forum posts.
2.Delete your CC account.
3.Bury laptop in cement.
4.Disconnect home from national grid.
5.Stop responding to the sound of a human voice.
5.Communicate only with Venusians via brain waves.
7.Poo in jars.
Would a tin foil hat help keep the extra terrestrial rays out, or is that just a myth?

Each to his own. Yes, it can be a time waster, but equally, if I think about what sort of things have been transmitted via Facebook over the past year, they include:

....... divorces/break-ups.
Mm. How many induced by FB, or accompanied by FB mindgames and desperate "look who i am/maybe ***ing now" posts?

The camera never lies, its the camera person getting creative with photoshop that often does.
Photoshop isn't needed dave - you can do a lot with clever angles and lighting. Both not necessarily planned as there is the other favourite - take 5,763 pics, chances are that if you sift through all of them a chance angle, fleeting light, momentary passing of two planets you have never heard of and their atmospheric influences will produce a pic in which the subject looks glorious. And of course there is good old fashioned make-up. Make up plus planets, plus the 1 pic out of 10,000, you haven't a clue what you are looking at.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Facebook is no better or worse than a lot of media crap. People waste vast quantities of time telling everyone that they are now having a cup of tea on Twatter. I have some really good friends that I talk to on Facebook, and have a good laugh with them. I also stay in touch with friends I have not seen in 20 Years.

I have all my privacy settings in place so only the people /things I am interested in pop up on my account. It's easy to do.. don't like something you see, then set it to not interested. Simple.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Facebook has proved handy for my cycling group, although it ran perfectly well for eight years without it.

I made the mistake of accepting a friend request from one of our lady members.

A more pleasant lass you couldn't wish to find, but oh dear, it seems she's never off ruddy facebook.

Call me less than curious, but I have no interest in seeing pics of her with her mates in a bar/on holiday/going shopping/having a day out, etc.

I cured the problem by unfriending her and by never looking at my timeline, which also saves me from seeing random other junk that pops up.

I don't use Facebook (per se)

However I hate the fact that there are some places now there to log in or access information you need to use it.

Get new email from one of the free hosts, create account, get information, deactivate

Saves all the hassle

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I cured the problem by unfriending her and by never looking at my timeline, which also saves me from seeing random other junk that pops up.

You don't need to defriend people these days on FB. You can just set it so you can not see a certain persons feed on the timeline.
I had a (cycling) friend who posted so much stuff that it really got on my wick so I defriended him. They changed the options so now I am back friends with him without having to see all his postings.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You don't need to defriend people these days on FB. You can just set it so you can not see a certain persons feed on the timeline.
I had a (cycling) friend who posted so much stuff that it really got on my wick so I defreinded him. They changed the options so now I am back friends with him without having to see all his postings.

It's called turning off notifications I think. I did it to my granddaughter who seemed to change her profile photo every 5 minutes. Karma has been restored.

Top Bottom