England : Kent Fairies Audax : 50km-300km 1st July - Should I be brave?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oh good lord! Haha!! Yes, I shall be prepared with 50 SPF suncream.

I am prepping the bike this afternoon as a few things need doing. I am going to attach an extra bottle cage to my bike - even though its not the same colour. It doesn't matter just for tomorrow.
Buy a matching one, if you must....you'll want it when you get your regular mileages up a bit. Lot of great riding for you just a bit further afield....
As for me, planning to knock the July imperial century challenge ride out ASAP. Will set the alarm and get out early doors. Probably Brighton, yet again. Second visit this weekend (Orbital gig last night....on powered bike I hasten to add).

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Yeah, just for tomorrow I will put the not matching one on and order another for future...:becool:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
2 x GPS locked and loaded
Rocket fuel mixed
Just got to clean and lube the chain
Gonna be Hot, Hot, Hot - we know a song about that don't we children?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I tried to enter the 200 on Sunday night but found it closed to entries, just missed it. Kind of glad now looking at how hot its going to be. Like @StuAff I plan a crack of dawn rise and imperial century before the real heat.
Good luck all, and have fun

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Yeah I'm gonna get my drinks in the fridge tonight as well! What disrandiare you doing @smutchin

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Sadly I did not complete the ride. I hit a silly little pothole and I believe the inner tube popped. I am very slow at changing the tyre so I decided to call it a day around half way through.

Quite disappointed but I really enjoyed the ride up to that point! I definitely feel like my interval training is helping my general speed and allows me to pull away confidently.

Better luck next year I think :wacko::blush:

IMG_20180701_092546_113.jpg
IMG_20180701_090759_461.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well done ladies! Was indeed rather warm out there. Headwind hurt the speed on leg one, tailwind didn't compensate on the return (apart from being somewhat drained). I did 163.5 km though...
@Charlotte Alice Button Good effort nonetheless. You'll do more, and better, next time. I too am hopeless at puncture repair. Practice is fortunately rare though. Schwalbe Durano Plus ;)

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My 100km went broadly to plan. The plan was meet as many as I could off here at the start Hi @Charlotte Alice Button and @ianrauk. Ride alone as much as possible. Don't get dehydrated. Ride to HR throughout. Push hard and catch and pass everyone you see until Dungeness. Eat and drink. Twiddle it up to Hythe. Eat and drink and take a 30 min break. Pass and catch everyone you see until the end. Eat. Quite a bit faster than the Midweek Sightseer. Really lovely day out and I was glad of the breeze.

Purpose of the plan? To gradually get my moving avg back up to 25kph so I can think of doing some longer rides.

Drive home was an utter mare, driving is a chore at the best of times, but you can't have everything.

Top Bottom