Fasting and the 5:2 diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
PMSL

PK99

Legendary Member
Instead of following a diet, I have found that just cutting out junk, eating smaller portions, drinking plenty of water and going for daily hard workouts on the cross-trainer in the gym have worked a treat. I have lost nearly two stone since July, feel much better for it, and yet never really felt as though I was "dieting". Haven't really missed anything at all.

You have created a calorie deficit by moving more and eating less.

my preferred way was 5:2.

hoopdriver

Guru
Errm, that was the point I was making.
I am not quite sure what your purpose was in making it, because I already knew I was creating a calorie deficit by moving more and eating less. It was no big mystery.

Oh, and my name isn’t Errm

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I started 5:2 again this week. It suited me when I used to do it but I got sidetracked when my sister started visiting me regularly. I found it really hard to stick to my plan when she was eating a delicious takeaway curry in front of me!

I'll be more careful in future to plan the '5' days to coincide with such visits and the '2' days to recover from them ... :whistle:

GuyBoden

Guru
After the "Fasting" yesterday, I struggled on my 100km ride today, I felt weak, so I had to buy two pork pies, the same thing happened last week too.

Slick

Guru
Why is that? Just because they are eating does not mean you have to.

I am married to a feeder, that can make things harder but we get around it. Often me cutting down is a lot harder for her than it is for me.

I'm the very same, although I'm an eater.:shy:

Top Bottom