fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
out on a coastal jolly early today. temperature was positively Arctic.
despite a stop for refreshments I returned partially frozen .
seriously thinking about warmer climes.
global warming my arse.
View attachment 626302

View attachment 626304

View attachment 626306 View attachment 626307

View attachment 626308
That looks blooming gorgeous.
I was walking today. It was 6 degrees and sunny and I was very over dressed.

If you're going to complain about winter you could have surely chosen a far worse day to illustrate the point. 😄

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It can't be winter, it hasn't snowed yet.

Indeed it has. This was 28th November just near my home street where a numpty driver failed to realise it had snowed and used the fence to stop :rolleyes:

yello

The winter here so far for us has been grey and damp too. We've had occasssional clear skies but not many. So whilst the average temperatures might be up, it doesn't feel that way.

Considerations for our heating system too! It has an outdoor thermometer to control it's function but that doesn't take into account humidity. It might well be 6 or 8c outside but it feels a helluva lot colder due to the damp. Have you turn up (of turn down) the rads to compensate.

Give me cold clear days in preference to this any day!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Cold and crisp again here in Poshshire. I don't mind that, at least if feels like winter.

If id wanted all year round rain and drizzle, with only the temperature of the raindrops changing as the seasons roll by, I'd have stayed home North of the border.

I don't do heat for reasons aforementioned, but that first bright, warm day of spring really does lift my spirits. After that its downhill as it gets warmer and we'll be moaning about that instead.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Having been stuck indoors for two months the stunning sunny days we've had over the past week or so are slightly frustrating. I can't understand why everyone isn't going out for long walks or bike rides.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another bright blue sky start here as well .
When we had our lunchtime stroll yesterday we both commented that a nice 6+ mile walk or a 30+ mile bike ride would have been lovely but alas work got in the way :sad:

yello

Following the off-topic further off-topic; I like moles. They are incredibly cute, also (like many animals) incredibly industrious and wonderfully adapted.

I remember the first time I trapped one (over a decade ago now) and I was mortified at what I'd done, seeing this adorable little creature in the trap. It was only doing what moles do, and I'd killed it for it. I stopped trapping and let them be.

Fortunately, they are not prolific in our garden (I think the combination of having an often ploughed field beside us and having a dog keeps the numbers down) I've seen gardens/lawns littered with mole hills and I'm not sure what I'd do in those circumstances.

vickster

Legendary Member
Having been stuck indoors for two months the stunning sunny days we've had over the past week or so are slightly frustrating. I can't understand why everyone isn't going out for long walks or bike rides.
In my case, full time and very busy work! I did manage 10 miles at lunchtime though. I’ll get out over the weekend though :okay:

Top Bottom