Feet touching front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Its happened a few times on my road bike when coming up to a junction and starting to track stand. Nearly caught me out as I'm clipped in. Nothing I can do about it but does anyone elses feet touch their front wheel when turning. Also is their any chance of this happening when riding at speed.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Its happened a few times on my road bike when coming up to a junction and starting to track stand. Nearly caught me out as I'm clipped in. Nothing I can do about it but does anyone elses feet touch their front wheel when turning. Also is their any chance of this happening when riding at speed.

Very unlikely at speed. Most steering is done by leaning and only turning the bars slightly

Globalti

Legendary Member
It happens on some bikes. Just ride faster and stop in a straight line and it won't bother you.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I have this on my Raleigh RX Comp, which has CX type geometry. There's about 1" of toe interference, and even more with mudguards fitted.
Just need to be mindful of this at low speeds and when doing stuff like U turns. Never a problem over 7mph or so.

bpsmith

Veteran
Happens a bit on one of my bikes when stopped and talking/not concentrating.

Never considered it when riding though, so definitely doesn't affect me at all.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
I have this on my Raleigh RX Comp, which has CX type geometry. There's about 1" of toe interference, and even more with mudguards fitted.
Just need to be mindful of this at low speeds and when doing stuff like U turns. Never a problem over 7mph or so.

Yes I've had it happen on sharp turns at sub 10mph and will be putting mud guards on it shortly. It's probably worse because the bike is a small frame but its just wierd as I have had any bike where this happens.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
[QUOTE 5014775, member: 9609"]have you rear ended anything recently ?[/QUOTE]

No. Headset is straight and the forks are carbon so shouldnt be bent.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
It happens to me on my triban as the frame is just a tad bit small for me. Still rides perfectly fine though. I just dont have the same range when it comes to steering but ive never had to completely turn the the bars completely 45 degrees to take a turn while ive been on it (I also dont trackstand)

vickster

Legendary Member
Toe overlap. Quite common. I have big feet, ride a fairly small frame for my height (long legs, short torso). Avoid turning at slow speeds and put your foot down at junctions. Or get a new bike ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Happens on two of my bikes, only notice it on the fixed gear one because it's a bit harder to avoid it when making a tight turn (although I've started to learn, without really trying, to turn the wheel briefly out of the way just after my foot comes over the top of the pedal stroke)

As other posters have stated, never a problem at speed, only when making tight turns when pedalling.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Toe overlap. Quite common. I have big feet, ride a fairly small frame for my height (long legs, short torso). Avoid turning at slow speeds and put your foot down at junctions. Or get a new bike ;)

I have a similar problem but small legs and small torso :laugh: No way is her indoors going to let me buy another bike yet.

D

Deleted member 1258

Toe overlap, I'm a short arse I have it on all my bikes and always have had. Its a minor nuisance on the fixed when maneuvering at low speed, and its had me on the floor once when maneuvering the geared bike at low speed, touched the mudguard with my foot and it rolled up under the fork crown.

Top Bottom