Fess up time

Have you had a clipless moment/s

• Ahem..... er yes I have.

Votes: 60 75.0%
  • Most definitely not, how impudent!

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep, worse one was doing it outside home not long after fitting them. I'd been riding fine and unclipping easily but got home and had a bit of 'brain fade' I just totally forgot.

Did I mention I live opposite a pub and yes it was sunny so there was quite a crowd sitting on the picnic benches outside some of whom may have taken a drink or 3.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Closest I came was on a ride with @Hill Wimp We were just about to join the road from a farm shop car park in Canterbury and had to stop, tried to unclip the right but couldn't, ended up sort of bunny hopping on the spot until it came free. Close call, don't really want to be dropping a carbon bike.

Last edited:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Once at busy t junction , could not get my foot out could not go any further forward not skilled enough to do a track stand so over i went.
Once outside a busy pub now that was embarrassing!
Plenty of near misses.

I don't use them anymore i have discovered they make no difference to my limited ability at all and i am much safer on flats.

With Style!

My experiences with MKS EZY removeable pedals

First was when the pedal detached leaving me trying too stand with the pedal still attached to the shoe

Second was at a meeting, I was cycling home , so colleague kindly gave me a lift, Brompton in boot

Meeting finished and we were all chatting, and I waved her off. !) minutes later mounted bike to realise one of the pedals was in her boot

7 mile journey (luckily mostly down hill) with one legged pedalling

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Never since I moved to Look/SPD clipless around 25 years ago. But before then, using cleats and toe straps, yes, plenty !
I always found straps (no cleats) enough of a reminder to unclip properly, but I never had them quite tight enough to prevent a straight pull-back-and-lift unclip unless I'd fluffed it.

One reason I've never gone clipless is I'm sure I'd forget. I forget what gear I'm in often enough, after all, which is why most of my bikes are configured for standing shifts or overshifting to rescue me when I stop in daft gears.

Alan O

Über Member
Isn't it odd how everyone accepts that you have to clip in and out of clipless pedals. The name made sense in 1985, sure doesn't now !
Oh yes, when I got back to it last year it was the first time I'd heard of clipping into clipless pedals, and it did confuse me (though I am easily confused these days)

Alan

Top Bottom