Finding Good Routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Members of the two Clitheroe clubs very often head east to The Dales where there's a great variety. GtiJ and I have sometimes driven over there to ride, occasionally even using the Settle-Carlisle line for a linear ride.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Members of the two Clitheroe clubs very often head east to The Dales where there's a great variety. GtiJ and I have sometimes driven over there to ride, occasionally even using the Settle-Carlisle line for a linear ride.
Agreed this is a great way to introduce variety and change. Unless we are having a full day out The Dales are just out of reach.

From time to time we park up in Ribchester before heading off to Yorkshire. I'm not a great fan of park 'n' ride as I love the satisfaction of leaving and arriving home only by bike. It does though open up a whole range of new possibilities.

Part of the problem is time. On Thursday we rode a favourite 112 mile route to Silverdale, the first and last 20 are inevitably familiar but the remaining 70 were fabulous. Trouble is getting out for 7-8 hours isn't possible that often. As a general rule 60-70 is the maximum most of us have time for.

Top Bottom