First ever TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Way to go jowwy

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Well done @jowwy

How you getting on with the Shiv? I'm starting to consider getting some clip-ons now haha!
Still tweaking the position for comfort and power, but its getting there. Being a big lad im finding it a lil difficult staying in the TT position for the full 10miles. But its improving. Got another 3 x 10's over the next 6 days

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Talking about clip ons I guess that's next , any recommendations ?
I looked across all the usual sites and had a recommendation for some Token's that wiggle sell, although they are out of stock. Cost is the most important for me.

Next best I have seen is on Ribble, the Deda Parabolica's so think I may go for them.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Still tweaking the position for comfort and power, but its getting there. Being a big lad im finding it a lil difficult staying in the TT position for the full 10miles. But its improving. Got another 3 x 10's over the next 6 days

I've started to take the TT bike out on longer rides - just back from 42 miles today. Not a particularly high average, but I find It helps to develop a better feel for the bike and also to get the leg and buttock muscles used to working in a slightly different way.

Hopefully this will enable me to generate the same amount of power on the TT bike as I can on my road bike whilst gaining the aero advantage of the TT bike; but only time will tell! :rolleyes:

jowwy

I've started to take the TT bike out on longer rides - just back from 42 miles today. Not a particularly high average, but I find It helps to develop a better feel for the bike and also to get the leg and buttock muscles used to working in a slightly different way.

Hopefully this will enable me to generate the same amount of power on the TT bike as I can on my road bike whilst gaining the aero advantage of the TT bike; but only time will tell! :rolleyes:
Yeh im using this year as a get to know the event. Then hit winter training hard with the TT bike on the turbo and get ready for next year.

Im a tad under 17stone right now, so my times are good for a guy of my size me thinks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

I have ridden my TT bike exclusively since March.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Yeh im using this year as a get to know the event. Then hit winter training hard with the TT bike on the turbo and get ready for next year.

Im a tad under 17stone right now, so my times are good for a guy of my size me thinks

Doing the same. Hit the turbo hard from about the end of January onwards this year, although I'm told I won't necessarily reap the benefits until next year or even the year after! :blush: The body takes time to adapt apparently!

I'm probably a little like you; after years of life in the slow lane, it's very hard to get things moving quickly again. :rolleyes:

Ironically, I've noticed more of a difference when I play Badminton. Gone from a bit of a plodder to something approaching a whippet around court in the space of six months!:ohmy:

jowwy

Doing the same. Hit the turbo hard from about the end of January onwards this year, although I'm told I won't necessarily reap the benefits until next year or even the year after! :blush: The body takes time to adapt apparently!

I'm probably a little like you; after years of life in the slow lane, it's very hard to get things moving quickly again. :rolleyes:

Ironically, I've noticed more of a difference when I play Badminton. Gone from a bit of a plodder to something approaching a whippet around court in the space of six months!:ohmy:
Back in my younger, more slender days i was a qualified badminton coach. Also ran indoor sprint welsh qualifiers, how time, food and drink takes its tole hey

Top Bottom