first service - not very good news.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaferanga

Veteran
If its a small frame then I guess you're not that heavy? I'm about 67kg and run most of my tyres at no more than 100psi even for racing.

But as already pointed out - the profile of the tyre shouldn't be different whether they're at 90psi or 110 psi so something odd going on here.

Norm

i have just noticed something very interesting.
Did you also notice my interesting post / question? :biggrin:

If the tyre is much different in size at 110psi than it is at 90psi, then I think you might have a faulty tyre. How much clearance is there at 90psi is it only rubs at 110psi?

D

Deleted member 1258

something odd going on here.

Agree with that, but looking at the bikes on Wiggle the clearances do look a bit tight, far tighter than my Kilmeston, which has room for mudguards. norm makes a good point, are you sure theres nothing wrong with the tyre?

sayek1

Ive got a Rhigos 3 and Kilmeston - have my tyres up at 120 most of the time & if Diamante Pro's then I'll often go a bit higher. The frame on both bikes is a medium and I haven't noticed a problem at all - however, I will go and take a look tomorrow to see if I notice anything and how much clearance there is.

Wiggle have been great with me on the couple of problems I've had to date - see earlier posts. Broken SRAM shifter was replaced very quickly with the next model up and bill from LBS to do this paid without problem. Dodgy forks on my old Milook were replaced with the full Rhigos 3 bike at no cost.

Can you post any photos of the problem so we can take a look?

K

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
have just taken photos with my phone so don't know if you will be able to tell.

clearance from center of the tyre to frame is about 2mm maybe slightly less.

pressure about 105psi

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 167
D

Deleted member 1258

Bloody ell thats tight, are we sure the bridge was put in the right place when the frame was built?

That doesn't look right at all ! Send it back to Wiggle once they have contacted you, as someone else pointed out stones picked up on the tyre will wear the frame and Carbon frames tubes aren't the strongest thing once damaged, could cause a serious accident !

Moss

have just taken photos with my phone so don't know if you will be able to tell.

clearance from center of the tyre to frame is about 2mm maybe slightly less.

pressure about 105psi

Send it back to Wiggle ASAP! That is a serious and dangerous amount of clearance; or should I say : Lack of clearance! get it back to them!

Definitely not enough clearance. I've seen high end track frames with more, and they aim for zero. A road bike that won't take a 25mm?

It's a production F up, send it back under warranty.

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
i would like to say a hugh thank you to all you people.

reading the replies and also had a quick trip to the cycle shop that setup the bike and they said to send it back due to lack of clearance. he compared it to there carbon road bikes and they had 5-10mm clearance.

i mentioned that the bike should be able to take upto 25 mm tyres and he said no chance. he said that the only way you will get a proper clearance is by putting 18 or 20mm tyres on it.

thing i don't get is when wiggle built it and checked it no one noticed or just wasn't bothered by it.

i will be waiting wiggle response in the aim to send it back however i will need another wiggle box to do it.

what will happen once returned. will i get a full refund, another rhigos 3 (which according to website are discontinued) or wiggle voucher for the purchase price. i would prefer a full refund so i can buy a bike from my LBS this time and hopefully not have any problems.

You are entitled to a full refund - whatever Wiggle try to tell you. Also, you are not obliged to post it back in a 'Wiggle box'. You did not buy the box, you bought the bike and cannot be expected to retain a large cardboard box on the off-chance that you might require it for warranty. Any bike box will do.

It can often be a challenge to separate a retailer's internal procedures from actual legal requirement. Often the staff themselves don't know where the line is drawn.

You are entitled to a full refund. Accept nothing less, your bike is a dog.

Top Bottom