first service - not very good news.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You are entitled to a full refund - whatever Wiggle try to tell you. Also, you are not obliged to post it back in a 'Wiggle box'. You did not buy the box, you bought the bike and cannot be expected to retain a large cardboard box on the off-chance that you might require it for warranty. Any bike box will do.

It can often be a challenge to separate a retailer's internal procedures from actual legal requirement. Often the staff themselves don't know where the line is drawn.

You are entitled to a full refund. Accept nothing less, your bike is a dog.

+1

Twigman

I have the same bike (mine is a medium 54cm) and there seems to be plenty of clearance (around 4-5mm)
img0140pr.jpg

sayek1

Just checked mine (54cm medium) and its the same - about 4mm of clearance. Not enough to get mudguards on but not a worry about touching the frame.

I disagree with Dellzeqq regards the internet. if there is enough feedback from users to rate a product and you have faith in the company why wouldn't you buy a bike that offers great value for money - especially if the company offers a 30day no quibble guarantee ie. if it is rubbish or you aren't happy send it back.

Why should I be forced to pay overinflated prices form my LBS? I agree the LBS is important to the local economy but I believe a bit of healthy competition didn't do anyone any harm?

Good luck with Wiggle - hope they sort it out to your satisfaction whatever the outcome you want. Th 30 day guarantee should cover you at least and ultimately your consumer rights cover you anyway.

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
Good luck with Wiggle - hope they sort it out to your satisfaction whatever the outcome you want. Th 30 day guarantee should cover you at least and ultimately your consumer rights cover you anyway.

there 30 day test ride is not applicable because the bike was discounted by over 15%, this ruling counts on all there bikes.

Still no heard from wiggle.

abo

It's at this point I'd suggest emailing their CEO, but I can't seem to find an email address for him (Humphrey Cobbold) via Google...

Which LBS did you use btw?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
there 30 day test ride is not applicable because the bike was discounted by over 15%, this ruling counts on all there bikes.

Still no heard from wiggle.

Imho, a bike that comes with tyres that can not be pumped up to the recommended pressure is not merchantable quality. In fact a bike that leaves only 1mm of clearance when pumped up to within recommended pressure is still not merchantable quality - who is going to pay to fix the damage to the carbon frame when that inevitably happens?

I will be extremely surprised if Wiggle, which can only survive with a good online reputation, refuses to address the problem to the OP's satisfaction.

Besides, assuming it is under 2 years old in this instance I think Wiggle is legally bound to refund the OP due to the EU directive on warranty.

sayek1

sales@wiggle.co.uk

Send a mail to the above address and put it FAO: Shane and also put it is for Shane in the title - customer service will then make sure he gets it. I think he deals with all bike related sales issues.

I'll have a phone number for them somewhere (this isn't published), but I got it last year when I was having trouble. Mail me and I'll try and find it, but I think its at work.

Have you used their on-line chat service during office hours? This worked well for me and got me going PDQ. I am sure they'll want to cover their reputation.

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
sales@wiggle.co.uk

Send a mail to the above address and put it FAO: Shane and also put it is for Shane in the title - customer service will then make sure he gets it. I think he deals with all bike related sales issues.

I'll have a phone number for them somewhere (this isn't published), but I got it last year when I was having trouble. Mail me and I'll try and find it, but I think its at work.

Have you used their on-line chat service during office hours? This worked well for me and got me going PDQ. I am sure they'll want to cover their reputation.

when i sent the email on friday i sent it to both bike@wiggle.co.uk and sales@wiggle.co.uk, got a reply back from the customer services stating "Thank you for your email. I will pass this on to my colleague how will be assisting you. We will contact you as soon as possible with further information. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance" this was Friday afternoon.

when I have used the live chat today they said send an email to sales@wiggle.co.uk and mark it FAO Grant and it might be dealt with slightly quicker.

I will give them tomorrow lunchtime to reply and then send another email to them.

I have also asked on the wiggle facebook page, how long does it take for bike@wiggle.co.uk to reply to emails.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Great team effort.

+1 Shouldnt be neccessary though. I am following this with interest to see how Wiggle deal with a very genuine problem that is in no way attributable to the customer.

I would be tempted to include a link to this thread in the email.Hopefully they will put the value of their good name higher than one bike .

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
since the box should be arriving tomorrow so it can be packed up to send to wiggle.

I pumped the tyres and this time they went to the max setting 145psi but the clearance is even less at under 1mm now. 2 weeks ago the tyre wouldn't go above about 110 psi so looks like either the tyre worn down sufficient enough to do this or it worn away the top layer of lacquer on the under side of the frame or mixture of both.

there is still the lack of clearance problem for 25mm tyre and potential frame damage from solid objects, so still sending it back for refund.

update: now that i have left it for couple of hours at 145psi it is now catching the frame, sure this bike has a mind of its own.

Top Bottom