first service - not very good news.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
just to update.

the bike has just been collected by city-link. once it reaches wiggle the warranty technician will be in contact with regard to refund. I am guessing they need to verify the problem first.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Just checked mine (54cm medium) and its the same - about 4mm of clearance. Not enough to get mudguards on but not a worry about touching the frame.

I disagree with Dellzeqq regards the internet. if there is enough feedback from users to rate a product and you have faith in the company why wouldn't you buy a bike that offers great value for money - especially if the company offers a 30day no quibble guarantee ie. if it is rubbish or you aren't happy send it back.

Why should I be forced to pay overinflated prices form my LBS? I agree the LBS is important to the local economy but I believe a bit of healthy competition didn't do anyone any harm?

Tottally disagree. You have to shop around. In my case I don't have to shop around.

My local bike shop will do a custom bike that will be just a cheap as Wiggle / Evans if not cheaper, and I can customise a bike with all the parts I want a get a excellant customer service.

If you can find a good LBS you will never bike online again.

OK some of his spare bits can be a little more expensive though if it's a full custom bike your after it's a no brainer.

al78

Guru
Tottally disagree. You have to shop around. In my case I don't have to shop around.

My local bike shop will do a custom bike that will be just a cheap as Wiggle / Evans if not cheaper, and I can customise a bike with all the parts I want a get a excellant customer service.

If you can find a good LBS you will never bike online again.

OK some of his spare bits can be a little more expensive though if it's a full custom bike your after it's a no brainer.

The problem is that unless the LBS has the part you want in stock (they can't possibly have every single thing available on demand) they have to order it in, and in my case it usually takes around a week and sometimes over two weeks to get the part in, then I have to wait until the weekend to collect it as the LBS opening hours are the same as my working hours.

Alternatively, I can go online (e.g. Chain Reaction or similar), find exactly the part I want quickly, order it and it will arrive (at my workplace, as that is most convenient for me) in 2-3 days. It is usually cheaper as well.

The stuff I do buy from the LBS are things they will definitely have in stock, like chains, brake pads, lubricant, cables etc.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Unless I am in a rush I give LBS chance to get bits in even if a bit dearer what price do you put on friendly advice.

Jezston

Über Member
What's a 'china man'? A man made of china?

RJX025713SS229AN.jpg

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
What's a 'china man'? A man made of china?

RJX025713SS229AN.jpg

I guess he might struggle to get a lot of work done in the factory.

apollo179

Oh sorry. I forgot. English man, Irish man Scots man is OK though China man makes you a racist. Sorry. How silly of me.
Your not a racist.
I cant understand why people are so ready to be so accusatory, were all cyclists on a cycling forum..
It seems so unnecessary and so unpleasant.
These forums seem to engendour sniping and attacks that woudnt happen between 2 people siiting across a table
Its a shame imho.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Your not a racist.
I cant understand why people are so ready to be so accusatory, were all cyclists on a cycling forum..
It seems so unnecessary and so unpleasant.
These forums seem to engendour sniping and attacks that woudnt happen between 2 people siiting across a table
Its a shame imho.

You think not. I would not sit silently whilst someone called a Chinese person a China Man. Chinese Man yes.

Top Bottom