First time out on a road bike today,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
yep , my first ever ride on a Roadie today , its. a BH full carbon , to be honest I got on with it very well ,usual campact chain rings , no problem with the Ultegra shifting , As the tyres being 23 mm and very hard i was quite confident after a few miles though I was concious about riding near rain drains and popping up kerbs . I will have to set up the handlebar position , its a little to far away and a little low , hence my arms were aching after 15 or so miles , but other than that , and on a dark wet return via Putney , very enjoyable !
And many thanks to the Pret staff in Putney for allowing this Waif snd Stray in the shop with his bike for a very welcome Brew !!

image.jpeg

Edit , there is a right racket comes of the cassette which Im not used to !

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
I like the look of the bike
What wheels are on it?

I'm still waiting to get the carbon road bike out this year, bit the heavy Genesis must be preparing me well for warmer months.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Very smart bike, you see lots in Mainland Europe but very few in the U.K, great to be different.
The shop where you purchased the bike will probably swap the stem free of charge.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I like the look of the bike
What wheels are on it?

I'm still waiting to get the carbon road bike out this year, bit the heavy Genesis must be preparing me well for warmer months.
Its very nice , and even nicer as i got it half price as its a 2015 model , saved £1800 !
My GF got a BH Zapphire off him also £ 400 below list , depending where you are , and how long you can wait hes got a BH G6 I think they are called , proper full on Carbon Road Bike , Id say after the summer if hes still got it hed do someone a deal
The wheels are Cole Rollen , with white spokes ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Very smart bike, you see lots in Mainland Europe but very few in the U.K, great to be different.
The shop where you purchased the bike will probably swap the stem free of charge.
I have heard others say this about them being popular in Europe,
Mark , the owner of Crown Cycles tried to sell them around here in west london , but alas , most people go for the more well known brands , He will sort the h/set out for me , hes a top bloke !!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ask him to check the trim of the derailleur because it shouldn't be noisy. Looks nice though. Now you need some riding buddies.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Ask him to check the trim of the derailleur because it shouldn't be noisy. Looks nice though. Now you need some riding buddies.

Its is the cassete when freewheeling that is noisy , I should have mentioned that !
Yep a few mateys to ride with would be good ! Just got a few medical shortfalls to overcome first , but I am thinking if joining the Friday night coast mob !
And doing the Manchester to Llandudno ride in May.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Lovely bike- now get some proper pedals before the Velominati find you
The pedals are to accomodate my Foot Flop problem , I tried many combinationtions , bear traps etc , these are best at the mo ,
but not yet confident to put the clip jobs on ,
I am working on it !

Top Bottom