First week of the new year and on target

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Poor start to the year, 127 miles for the whole of January is about a third of what I'd normally do.

simon.r

Person
A little bit under as of yesterday, due to the very poor weather this weekend. 426 vs target of 440. I need to get a couple of good rides in after work this week.

Reactions: GGJ

vickster

Legendary Member
Still 0 in 2017 for me...although with a warmer week forecast, I might get a bike out for a short trial

shnjmsn

Über Member
Rubbish...... 500 miles in Jan and Feb compared to 1000 last year. Bad back still recovering so taking things slowly. Away for work from this weekend until the end of the month so pretty much done now. Roll on March :-)

Frew

This is the first time I have carried on riding throughout the winter and have set myself a target of 4000 for the year. On track at the moment with 686 miles for the year. Now seeing it as a bonus when it isn't wet or windy!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
February going to be a bit short of target due to bike being off the road for one weekend. March will probably be down due to other commitments.

vickster

Legendary Member
IMG_0072.PNG
I've finally managed my first ride of the year :smile:

simon.r

Person
Just over target at 509 miles, vs target of 500 (10 / day average).

I can't work out how to post Strava stats, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Well done @vickster!! Hope it wasn't too painful!

As for me, ahead of last year still but behind the target rate. Generally positive that I'm keeping going without the same motivation as last year!!

D

Deleted member 1258

A slow start to the year but now starting to get some regular rides in.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Managed to squeeze in my qualifying ride for the 100k a month challenge, so both the imperial and metric challenges are still live.

Looking at ridewithgps I've just invented a new stupid challenge. I'm going to try to keep an average over the year of over 10m climb per km (ie over 1,000m per 100km - or 3,281 ft per 62.14 miles).

si_c

Guru
Looking at ridewithgps I've just invented a new stupid challenge. I'm going to try to keep an average over the year of over 10m climb per km (ie over 1,000m per 100km - or 3,281 ft per 62.14 miles).
I'd love to be able to find hills close enough to me to allow me to do that. I've got to ride about 20miles before the terrain starts going upwards noticeably. My daily commute is 20km each way with about 60m of climbing.

Top Bottom