Fixed gear / drivetrain wear distribution

OP
silva

silva

Not at all, I always think of this “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Reason requires argument.

OP
silva

silva

I would have just stuck a pair of 26" x 2" Marathons, a pannier rack, and a pair of mudguards on a decent quality large frame size 18 speed 1990's rigid MTB and saved myself the £4k and the endless amounts of hassle personally.....
It's the other way around - it's those endless amounts of hassle I wanted to dump with this last bike, only that the dealer screwed it up - failed to meet what I had demanded. Requiring DIY by me. 2 years later, the problems solved except one (the chains tension variation), although partly solved by changing that recommended but stupid 48/16 ratio to 47/16.
See, my usage of the bike isn't your usage, I'm not you remember?

I

SkipdiverJohn

Veteran
It's the other way around - it's those endless amounts of hassle I wanted to dump with this last bike, only that the dealer screwed it up - failed to meet what I had demanded. Requiring DIY by me. 2 years later, the problems solved except one (the chains tension variation), although partly solved by changing that recommended but stupid 48/16 ratio to 47/16.
See, my usage of the bike isn't your usage, I'm not you remember?
So, in order to eliminate endless amounts of hassle associated with normal bikes, you've now spent the last two years trying to eliminate the issues that your "hassle free" bike was meant to avoid? Makes perfect sense to me......:wacko:

Top Bottom