Flat bar road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elms

Here's a link to the Giant website about the spec http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/fcr.2/2431/32467/#overview

This is a really nice lightweight flat bar road bike, in immaculate condition apart from a small paint chip on the downtube just under the bottle holder - this happened in my garage when a gardening tool fell over and glanced the bike. I have often thought about keeping this bike for myself but I really cannot justify it, it's a nice bike that deserves a lot of use.

It has covered no more than 300 miles in total, you can see on the odometer (which I have since removed) that it shows 265 miles and I used it last year for a couple of rides while my own bike was off the road for a repair.

PM me if you want any further detail or to discuss a price.

Thank you for these photos. Yes I would like to discuss further details. Sorry forgive my ignorance; what does the acronym PM stand for? how should we progress this?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
PM = personal message.
Click on your user name in the blue bar (top right), then on the left you will see 'Start a new conversation'

puffinbilly

Veteran
What constitutes a flat bar road bike in most people's opinion? Is say gearing of 12-26 and crank 50-36 a road bike or a hybrid - just asking since bought son a second hand Carrera Gryphon and he described it as a flat bar road bike to a mate who took great delight in telling him it was not. I would have just said it was a hybrid with road bike gearing.

vickster

Legendary Member
28mm tyres or narrower, slicks not knobblies, 700c wheels, frame that's also used by the company for the roadbikes, rigid fork preferably carbon, 10kg or less preferably, V brakes rather than discs most likely (although there are disc brakes Sirrus models and they are flabar roadbike)

I don't think the gearing has an impact, well not for me, it's not like there's a standard gearing for road bikes

Adding to the above, I'd clarify the brakes slightly, the Giant Rapid has excellent side pull caliper brakes and I think the Boardman flat bar road bike has discs, v brakes were most common on flat bar road bikes but they are not limited that ;)

The frame is more important than the gears but I think gearing wise, a flat bar road bike will have a big ring of 50t or more (48t with 11 at the back at smallest) rather than the more compact mtb gearing.

Broadside

Guru
@Elms here are the latest photos of the bike for your information...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
  • photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 46
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 41
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 39

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Put flat bars on a giant defy roadbike and you will get a giant rapid - as both frames are the same and the gearing is also the same

Kies

Put flat bars on a giant defy roadbike and you will get a giant rapid - as both frames are the same and the gearing is also the same

Yes absolutely correct. I was looking at my Defy 1 up against my friends rapid 2. Same bike different bars

Top Bottom