Flu / virus, did you get one this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Day 2 of my visrus (not sure its flu because i have no cough, sneeze or runny nose...but after a short ride Sunday evening, I went to bed with a fast running heart rate which kept me awake, to an achiness right through me, particually in my hips and legs. I vommited in the night and didnt sleep a wink.
Day off work, didn' eat a crumb all day and while the aches slowly subsided with regular ibrufen, i did have a good nights sleep last night, off work again today, feeling considerably better but still very tired.
Just had a couple dry toast and a small bowl of the ever nourishing tomato soup..
I did have a flu jab ..but not sure if this qualifies as the flu, irrelevant anyway, the jab can' protect you from all strains.

What about you ? It' reportedly a bad year this year.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
We had it over the new year, horrible thing and the worst I've ever had.
Like you, I was tired a lot and ate little. It lasted about 6 days before gradually tailing off.

Reactions: gbb

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I think people are a bit confused between the Flu and a Cold. have only had the Flu once, i was on my back for two weeks, struggled to get out of bed to have a pee, the only thing i managed to get into me was water. some people need to man up.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Flu jab in November, touch wood nothing.
Lots of it at work tho,but I'd expect it being a retirement place.

Wife had a strange cold for over a week,bad one day better another.

Chest infections seem to be rampant atm

keithmac

Guru
My two kids have had the virus this week, completely knocked them out with high fever and sickness.

Son was on target for 100% attendance for all of primary school (6 years) with ony 7 months left he's absolutely gutted!.

I've got the sore back of nose and achey back of eyes going on so getting ready for it..

Deffinitely not a cold, they've last their spark.

vickster

Legendary Member
No flu...a sniffle before Xmas and an annoying tickly cough after

I had a flu jab and try very hard to avoid sick people (and children aka little plague carriers...but that's more on principle :biggrin: )

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think people are a bit confused between the Flu and a Cold. have only had the Flu once, i was on my back for two weeks, struggled to get out of bed to have a pee, the only thing i managed to get into me was water. some people need to man up.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've never had a cold that made me cut short a holiday and come home to spend 6 days in bed.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom