FNRttC FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
You need to upload the image onto website like Flickr, or Picassa, and then link to that using the Img tags. Theoretically your attempt looks like it was in the right ball park, but the references to things like the CycleChat URL, and C: make me think that you haven't uploaded the image anywhere.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, that was most enjoyable. We didn't come up with the answer to Planes on a Treadmill, despite a quick experiment with a Ribble on a Travelator. Theclaud was most kind about my stroboscopic helmet , and Laumry helped in the final stages of Breakfast Acquisition, after I'd spent a few minutes heading for the wrong pier. Massive thanks to Sig, Appers, Greg and others for random natterage to distract me from the tiredness, and apologies to the guy with the Moulton for some quite shameless wheelsucking. :smile:
There's bound to be loads of peeps I've missed out, so thanks to you all. :biggrin:

mike e

Next question, photos are now all on Picasa. When I upload what size do they need to be? 1600, 1024 or 640?

Aperitif

Meme bar
TheDoctor said:
Well, that was most enjoyable. Theclaud was most kind about my stroboscopic helmet to distract me from the tiredness,:laugh::biggrin:

Good to see you Tony, and my apologies for not remembering that you were doing the ride. I saw you in Costa and 'twigged'!:smile: I must consult the pre-flight list a bit more closely.

At the top of Mont Ditchoux you were in reflective mood...the sun reflecting off your beads of sweat from a challenging thought..."will there be enough breakfast by the time we arrive?":smile:

1oq1s2.jpg

Of course there was, and I hope you enjoyed the day. I did.

mike e

FNRttCJulyBrighton

TimO

Guru
Close mike_e, but no banana. :laugh:

You posted a link to the Picasa page with the images on it. You won't get an image from a page full of images.

Depending on how things work with Picassa, generally you can right click on an image to get it's exact URL (typically this will end with .jpg or similar), and then place that URL within the img tags eg:

P7041165.JPG

TimO

Guru
Bugger, I was afraid that would happen. The URLs that Picassa generates for images aren't permanent, once I cleared my cache and reloaded the page the image goes (my browser was just grabbing the image from it's cache rather than directly from the web server).

Hmm... lets have a look at this (I use my own server, which avoids this sort of issue).

mike e

So you can see all of the images on a page but can't open each one individually??

Frustruck, yes I was fixed, TECing at the back with a fellow fixed, Des and Graham.

TimO

Guru
mike_e, I think maybe you have to find the links on your view of the Picasa Album. I don't think I can see this (since it's not my album), but there should be something like "Link to this photo", which should be able to give you an URL which you can then put on the CycleChat pages to directly view the images, rather than requiring people to go and look at the Album. Obviously this is fine for a large number of images, but if you just want to put the odd one into a thread, then a direct link is better.

Top Bottom