FNRttC FNRttC Oxford 21st September 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Registration form completed. I'm intending to do the Velo South 100 on the Sunday, so I can craftily combine the train ride back to pick up the registration bumpf in Chichester as well as having a snooze.
Well, dodos clearly are now the stuff of legend...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
For those who want a little extension, I'll provide a route for the following:
1. Over the Escarpment to Amersham, avoiding Phoenix Trail. 59km. Chiltern Rail to Marylebone, Metropolitan to King's X
2. On from Amersham to Watford Junction, a further 21km for Overground, Southern, London Midland

These stations are contactless. Please check the option you choose is actually running that day.
I really don't recommend riding on to London, it's just unpleasant.
And for those who need to bail early, the first train out of Amersham on a Saturday morning is at 0526, and everything appears to be running normally. Contactless to central London (and beyond) costs the princely sum of £4.10 off-peak.

And @Nick Saddlesore is right - the ride into London is tedious at any sensible time of the day. You need your wits about you - I wouldn't recommend it.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Riding into London the Ruislip/Ealing way is quite pleasant, apart from Greenford. The Vale sometimes turns into a drag race.

It’s not great but you can get the canal towpath from Uxbridge and ride straight to Paddington.

Most of it is Ok as long as it’s dry and it’s fully paved from Hanger Lane

wanda2010

Guru
Celebrating friends' birthday so I'll be a no-show.

Top Bottom