FNRttC FNRttC Oxford 21st September 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Booked a return ticket, the 11.16 to Southampton & change there for Fratton. Just in case the 10.31 proves a bit early...The only options for getting between Oxford and Basingstoke seem to involve bike reservations, unfortunately, but Hull Trains can still do those online.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Train bike reservations are required for Great Western high speed services.
Very many thanks for pointing this out, I wasn't aware of it. So a quick phone call and I now have a bike reservation on the 11.01 to go with the ticket to Paddington.
The Fridays: cakes & ale plus free train tickets. All for two quid a year :cheers:

rvw

Guru
OK, that's mine, where's everyone else's?

;)
15374600686361102523843.jpg

Outlaw Hobbs

In for this one! Accompanied by Mr Retro Claud Butler again who is bringing new and younger recruit to lead us out should the legs tire.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
So - dry and warm-ish. A bit of a headwind but that rarely matters in a large group, and anyway the hedges and houses tend to protect against the wind, it's not like the Netherlands.
See you at the halfway stop - I'm heping there.

Outlaw Hobbs

All signed up before the deadline. Liking the weather forecast. No headwinds on the met office forecast; westerly all the way.

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
All signed up before the deadline. Liking the weather forecast. No headwinds on the met office forecast; westerly all the way.

But we're riding west?

(Is this the surprisingly common confusion over whether 'westerly' means "wind coming from the west" or "wind blowing to the west"? I once wasted half a day trying to find a mysterious bug in some code that turned out to be a misunderstanding of the terminology of wind directions on the part of the customer. Convention is that wind directions are the direction the wind is coming from.)

Meanwhile I'm trying to work out how much clothing to wear. It's not cold enough for winter kit, but could get quite chilly with any significant hanging around. Lots of layers and bag space to put them in, I reckon...

have I missed seeing a list?
or is this a new idea of no list?
also despite having clicked on the link for watched threads it doesnt always seem to work...
and i dont get the alerts that there is a new post
any ideas?

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
1. @ name redacted
2. @ name redacted
50. @ name redacted

There is a 'no list' edict from on high. I just follow orders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom