FNRttC FNRttC: Whitstable - 17 August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Our August ride to Whitstable never fails to be a cracker, and 2018 was no exception. Close to 70 of us escaped London on quiet roads, admired the lights along Old Father Thames, dodged the glass in Plumstead and headed East into the dark lanes of Kent. Only a couple of mechanicals hindered our progress, and one in particular gave us the opportunity to be entertained by the night life in Gravesend as we waited for the rear of the ride to catch up. Spirits were high when we arrived at the Step and Learn charity in Strood for the delicious sandwiches and cakes laid on by Tim and Angela.

And things got even better as we headed into the dark lanes to witness a glorious sunrise over the Medway during the second half of the ride. With a kind tailwind urging us along, our adventure ended with the Graveney Dash and a leisurely breakfast basking in the warm Whitstable sunshine. Judging by the smiles at The Waterfront, a good time was had by all. It's just a shame @wanda2010 's Victoria Sponge never made it back to London!

Big thanks go to @Trickedem and Angela at Step and Learn, and Faye and her helpers at The Waterfront in Whitstable. And the Fridays team that helped me manage the ride, especially @CharlieB, Adrian, @ianrauk and @Tim Hall .

Next up, Oxford. Keep an eye on your emails and the website for details.

jiberjaber

Veteran
I'm still confused - so who did I speak to at The Waterfront who enjoyed the Graveney Dash more this time than last time when they were on their Green Brompton on my wheel in 2016???

jiberjaber

Veteran
A bit of Strava detective work shows Mike, Mark, Dan and myself as the 4 staring in "crazy ride in to The Waterfront...." A green Brompton on Mark W's profile picture on Strava helps ;)

I can now go back in to CC semi-retirement now that's solved... see you all on a ride sometime :smile:

lots of love Mr ACMEJersey xxx

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
A bit of Strava detective work shows Mike, Mark, Dan and myself as the 4 staring in "crazy ride in to The Waterfront...." A green Brompton on Mark W's profile picture on Strava helps ;)

I can now go back in to CC semi-retirement now that's solved... see you all on a ride sometime :smile:

lots of love Mr ACMEJersey xxx

Haha, have a lollipop sir.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Any chance when the list of names for a ride gets published a correlation with forum names could occur so I have half a Scrooby who's who?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 5355474, member: 21629"]Good luck with that. I'm going to change my username and start as a new unknown user because my real name is used out of control here despite me asking many times to stop doing that.[/QUOTE]
I think that would be a bad idea, it's one step towards wearing name badges.
fair enough

Katherine

Guru
[QUOTE 5355526, member: 21629"]If that would be so easy I would do this. Alas everything is much more complicated.[/QUOTE]
It's an easy edit for the mods and we always change your name when we see it. Please use the report button if we miss one.

Top Bottom