FNRttC FNRttC: Whitstable - 17 August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
First recce done yesterday - all looking splendid. Just one road closure around Chalk to worry about. And Faye at the Waterfront is ready and waiting.....

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
^ Some of us are used to avocado on (sourdough) toast.

Cat76

Regular
Ok, I'm in! Mainly to check out the truth re the breakfast - truly amazeballs or a sloppy chip-filled non-veggie fest...

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I had egg with chips and toast at the Waterfront once. Egg on toast with chips, or egg and chips with toast? Philosophical question.

Do I have a recollection that they've changed it so you can't do bespoke orders? Just brekkie 1, brekkie 2 or brekkie 3. Or did I make that up?

I'm not veggie but I won't eat bacon or sausage in cafes because it's usually crap.

that's what usielly lets
it down.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I had egg with chips and toast at the Waterfront once. Egg on toast with chips, or egg and chips with toast? Philosophical question.

Do I have a recollection that they've changed it so you can't do bespoke orders? Just brekkie 1, brekkie 2 or brekkie 3. Or did I make that up?

I'm not veggie but I won't eat bacon or sausage in cafes because it's usually crap.
Last time they said I had to have standard brekkie but relented when I looked crestfallen.

Outlaw Hobbs

Very good buffet breakfast at the Continental Hotel 100 yards further up the seafront; great spacious restaurant area with big tables overlooking the Estuary thro' picture window- (but unavailable to non-residents unless you talk to them awfully nicely in advance and the hotel is not fully booked). A group of us stay there every year and last time a bunch of people turned up on spec and somehow negotiated themselves in to have breakfast.

But enough about food we're here for the ride- weather is looking pretty good, no mention of rain for days, 13 degrees C and a 10 kt ENE headwind. Marginal for shorts or am I just going soft(er)?

Top Bottom