FNRttC FNRttC: Whitstable - 17 August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I think I'm 'in' potentially - form filled out but will see how other events unfold later this week to see if it remains do-able... Was considering fixed but suspect gears will be better for the return.

(not seen an email confirming the form submission?)
Bysing Wood Hill on the return leg would not be much fun on fixed, and almost certainly a walker.

Confirmation emails are not sent automatically, but you should get one soon.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bysing Wood Hill on the return leg would not be much fun on fixed, and almost certainly a walker.

It's easily avoided by taking the long way round through Oare (still involves a hill but not as steep).

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bysing Wood Hill is the SMrbtH of choice as it's the quicker route home.
It's a very short hill anyway.

Indeed. And it is doable on fixed, as my knees will attest.

Been thinking I really should do another one of these FNRttC rides, as it's been a loooooong time since the last one, but I've got other plans this weekend alas.

kimble

Veteran
I also have other plans this weekend (influenced somewhat by Euston being out of action, which doesn't bode well for getting bikes on trains back to Middle Earth), but will be signing up for the Oxford ride on account of it ending closer to home than any other FNRttC.

The novelty of the FNRttS rides (Oxford-London) was that I only had a single round of trains to get home and the Londoners were within riding distance. On the other hand, it finished with a ride through London, which is never ideal. In a small group we could liven it up by Silly Commuter Racing the first red light jumping cyclist we encountered after Ealing Broadway (while meticulously obeying all traffic laws), but that doesn't scale well. It'll be interesting to do it in the other direction.

Anyway, enjoy Whitstable.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Speaking of which, updated list?

You're still on it Stu.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
The Sarahs and Johns have it.....

Adrian C
Alan D
Alex R
Amy L
Andrew F
Andrew B
Angus L
Anne W
Anne N
Anton B
Ausra D
Becky M
Bob C
Brian D
Catherine E
Charles B
Charles E
Chloe K
Chris P
Dan T
Daniel M
David S
Eddie C
Fred S
Geoff S
Gill H
Greg C
Greg T
Ian A
Jason B
Jeff K
Jo T
John B
John Ma
John Mo
Kat M
Kate C
Kevin L
Kevin E
Kim C
Kristjan K
Laura D
Mark G
Mark D
Mike C
Morgen B
Nathan A
Nick L
Nick B
Nicola B
Pat M
Paul T
Peter G
Peter W
Rahul E
Ross C
Sally C
Sarah H
Sarah Ti
Sarah Ta
Steve F
Stuart A
Stuart G
Tim D
Tim H
Tom M
Vince C
William B

The Whitstable one is attractive because it ends close to home. Oxford is in completely the opposite direction so would be about as far from home as it's possible for an FNRttC to end for me. (Also, when did Oxford move to the coast?)

Anyway, hope y'all have fun.

For Oxford, FNRttC means Friday Night Ride to the College. ;)

Plus it gives a bit of balance for the one we did to Cambridge in 2016.

Top Bottom