FNRttC FNRttC: Whitstable - 17 August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Our otherwise illustrious leader has been notably delinquent in not appending this essential information to our ride instructions:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/03/how-to-eat-magnums-ice-cream-on-stick
Fear not. I shall stand in front of you all tomorrow night and demonstrate the correct way to eat a Magnum - it’s an essential part of the safety briefing.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm out. I was kind of hoping the foot was going to make a miraculous recovery. As it is, putting any weight on it has eased from excruciatingly painful to annoyingly painful. It's been x-rayed & nothing broken. But the swelling is going to take two or three days to ease, rest, cold compresses & ibuprofen were the recommendations from the treatment centre.
So, you lot, here are your instructions:
1. Have fun.
2. Eat lots of cake, because I'm not going to be able to hoover up your leftovers and Tim doesn't want to be eating them for the next fortnight.
3. Take lots of photos and write comprehensive rambling ride reports.
4. Have fun.
That's an order!! :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sorry you can't make it, glad to hear no broken bones. Wise decision not to make things worse.
Hope the m/cycle is ok.
Yamaha came off a lot worse than me. I did try to ride it after the prang, but the bars weren't pointing the same way as the front wheel....not rideable, plus mirror and indicator knocked off, loads of scuffs. There will be an insurance assessor coming to take a look but might well be written off. She was in mint condition as well :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Got SMIDSYd on my Yamaha this afternoon on the way to work. Right ankle rather sore & limping heavily right now. Got recovered home, on the phone with the insurance for an hour...Still intending to be there tomorrow night, but might have to bail if this ankle doesn't start behaving...bugger.
Nooooo! GWS mate.

Trickedem

Guru
I'm out. I was kind of hoping the foot was going to make a miraculous recovery. As it is, putting any weight on it has eased from excruciatingly painful to annoyingly painful. It's been x-rayed & nothing broken. But the swelling is going to take two or three days to ease, rest, cold compresses & ibuprofen were the recommendations from the treatment centre.
1. Have fun.
2. Eat lots of cake, because I'm not going to be able to hoover up your leftovers and Tim doesn't want to be eating them for the next fortnight.
4. Have fun.
Bad news for Stu. Good news for everyone else......more cake!
Get well soon.

Trickedem

Guru
1. Have fun.
4. Have fun.
Bad news for Stu. Good news for everyone else......more cake!
Get well soon.

Top Bottom