Focus or Giant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I get this with my Dad regularly. He buys tyres by some unknown brand but “they’re made in the same factory as Pirelli use”, then wonders why they don’t handle of last very long.

It’s not who makes them, but what they’re made from and the R&D they put in too. Therefore I don’t be agree with the “made by the same people” argument.

With respect to the quality of the Focus bikes, I know of two or three people with them and they’ve been great.

I think either bike will be great, quality wise. You need to like:

1. Spec.
2. Looks.
3. Fit.
4. Ride.

No particular order obviously.

lane

Veteran
I had a focus cayo a few years ago and it impressed me. No problems quality wise. As has been said fit and condition and how they ride. However I don't see any specific reason to be put of the focus just because it is a focus.

bpsmith

Veteran
I didn't say one was inferior, better or the same than the other, merely that they might in all probability be made in the same factory.
So absolutely no other point of the statement? Just that they are made in the same factory?

That’s like saying they both have 2 wheels.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Check it’s the sellers to sell and wasn’t bought on C2W!!

He has confirmed that he has the receipt. If it's C2W I won't buy it.

vickster

Legendary Member
I will. But tell me how you discern whether it is C2W if he has the receipt??
Don’t know for sure. It might say C2W voucher on the receipt? Ask him if it’s c2w, he may not actually know it’s not his to sell!

You still get a receipt but it’s a v long time since I’m used it. Just seems suss to be selling a brand new bike at such a reduction given it’s not stolen

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Focus are fine. They supplied bikes to Katusha until they fell out and AG2R until Baden Cooke's Factor wooed them. They're now owned by Pon, alongside Kalkhoff, Cervélo, Gazelle, Raleigh and many others.

Giant Defy always make me feel like Ford cars. OK, I guess, but it leaves me cold.

Top Bottom